Saving Audrey *Seth Clearwater Imprint Story*

Audrey “Drew” Voltaire‘s life is a mess. Her mother passed away with breast cancer when she was ten, and her father turned addicted and abusive when she was eleven. Caleb, her brother, was her only protection, until he became the city’s number one drug dealer when she was fourteen. Now at seventeen and in her final year of school, her brother is making an escape to La Push. And Drew and her little sister Brooke are going with him. Little did she know, she’d find her saving grace, and a young wolf would find his imprint.

Chapter 1:

“Get back in your room!” The angry flash in his eyes was enough to make my little sister’s angry face fall, and she cowered back against her door. I froze. He wouldn’t hurt her for leaving her room, would he? Of course he would, idiot. My father shook the bottle of wine clutched in his fist at her, and my little sister, Brooke let out a little squeal.

“Don’t hurt me.” That was the most innocent voice I have ever heard her use. Brooke, with long, platinum blonde hair, beautiful tan skin and shining blue eyes, she was the leader of our high school at the mere age of 15. She was outgoing, she was loud, she was confident. Even when she was yelling at me, or my father, or staying strong and fighting her way through the screams in her room, she never used such a small voice. And that only made my father smile. Tears welled in Brooke’s eyes, and as much as I hated her for getting me on my father’s bad side just minutes earlier, I couldn’t let her get hurt.

“Don’t you dare touch her,” I told my dad threateningly, loud and clear.

He looked back as me with a sick smile, raising a brow. “You shout your fucking mouth, girlie.”

“Don’t-“

I stopped when he stepped towards my sister and grabbed her hair, pushing her against the wall. I could see her cower from his touch, and her mascara found its trails down her red cheeks. My dad leaned in close, inhaling the smell of her hair that I already knew was vanilla and coconut. Brooke’s breaths came out in small, shaky pants.

“Dad, please, don’t touch her,” My voice was softer.  I didn’t want him to get angry and do something he would be angry for when he was sober.

He just wrapped his fist tighter in her hair and slammed her head against the wall, creating a loud crack circulating through the room. Brooke let out a sound of pain, and her hands went up to caress her head. Dad let go of her hair and turned away, looking at me where I was panting with relief in the middle of our destroyed kitchen. I was like that when we came home from school, and then things when downhill from there.

Suddenly, my dad turned around and slapped Brooke across the face, sending her into another round of tears and gasps as she fell down the wall and onto the floor.

I let out a small scream. It was like all the patients in me snapped. “You are such an asshole!”

My dad looked at me with burning fury in his eyes. Stalking towards me, I backed up away from his angry strides. But my back hit something hard and I was trapped. My dad’s meaty fingers wrapped around my throat, his thumb pressing the sensitive spot just below my ear. I felt my breaths get shorter and raspy.

He looked into my green eyes, the ones that were the same color as his. “What a waste of pretty eyes; giving them to an ugly girl. A girl who can’t even protect herself. Weak. ” His French accent and the slurring of his words made his words harder to understand, but they still hurt.

My legs kicked out and tears heated my eyes. No air was making its way into my lungs. Dots flurred the edges of my vision, dancing in my eyes and making my head go fuzzy. There was a ringing in my ears; I couldn’t make out the sea of voices that were loudly flying back and forth. I felt numb and dizzy, as if I would pass out at any second.