zero

I sprinted up the stairs of the jet, almost feeling the wind get knocked out of me as I stumbled. A strong hold held my back, bringing me back into reality. It was like I had gone to heaven as it seemed like there was an angel stood before me, red cheeks and brown eyes that peeked a hazel shade.

"Think you were about to enter the wrong plane," he spoke, a richness to his silky voice as I regained my composure simultaneously with his hands straightening to his sides. I didn't know why I hadn't left yet but all I knew was that I should stay a little longer. The boy licked his lips, clearing his throat. "I'm Sean."

You could tell he was nervous by the way he chewed on the inside of his lip after he'd said that. His brows were knitted together with an uncertain focus, trying to get something out of scanning my face like he was some sort of robot, calculating the permutations of his next actions - which felt overwhelming in a romantic way for the first second but afterwards felt demeaning. He still wasn't as nervous as me, though, or maybe he just wasn't frozen and in awe like I was. The gentle curls of his hair were lightly gelled up without the abuse of hair product, which allowed the volume of his locks to speak for themselves. He also wore a fresh scented cologne which had notes of cardamom and tarragon and smelled like those essential oils that could change a mood in an inhale. It wasn't an overly strong scent nor was it a seductive one and was inviting but in a platonic way that made me want to talk about literature and the weather with him, or stand with him in a crowded elevator all while casually taking in his scent. But platonically. Mainly to give props that this man who knew how to present himself in public. He was clad in a dark blue monochrome suit that made me question if it along with his hair and cologne was a matter of wealth or natural sense of style. 

I'd thought that embarrassing moments would only make someone hot and bothered for a second - maybe three - but my face still felt as hot as Egypt (we were well past five seconds now!) I felt myself lose the ability to think straight and I couldn't tell if it looked obvious and this man's complexion was still vividly rosy. I opened my mouth to speak but only air came in, making it dry. Shit. What was my name? And how long had he been waiting for me to return my name? 

"Are you Princess Carmenere?"

There it was, Carmenere. Carmen. I blinked rapidly, nodding slowly. I was pretty sure that I was gawking at him for a strong thirty seconds, his features overloading my brain but I just couldn't bring myself to stop. I most definitely was making my drooling teenage girl moment very obvious. Come to think of it, was thirty seconds even healthy for an interaction like this? He stared as well, face still as red as when he first caught my fall. I was too busy trying not to fall five feet down the stairs to his jet to properly process that he may have had just said my name (?) Or was it my imagination and he'd just been staring at me blatantly for me to leave his jet and his face had been red because he hadn't wanted to be rude?

"I apologize for being forward, I've just heard of you before- "

"Carmenere Renee!" The sound of my mother's voice rang, sending my heart to plummet down to my stomach. Regardless of whether or not this past moment had lasted ten seconds or even a full minute, I was glad my mother had walked in for once, because I knew that I would not have known how to carry on from then on. I ran down the steps and walked beside her to our normal jet, on our way to the kingdom. I hadn't seen the boy since.