Brotherly Love

"Carter! Wake up!" My brother Jayk shook me. I picked up my pillow and threw it at Jayk's face.
"Hey! Why you so grumpy, huh?" He said to me as he leaned over my bed.
"Do I have to?" I whined to him. I covered my face with my blanket.
"Yup!" he yelled as he lifted my blanket off of my bed then ran off.
"Jayk!" I yelled to him. I shut the door in his face then heard him yell "Carter!" through the door. He was mocking me.
Jayk is my twin brother. He is older by 3 minutes. We are both turning 17 this December. I never had many friends so I would hangout with Jayk and his friends.
My trail of thought was interrupted by Jayk.
"C'mon Carter! I'm leaving in two minutes and if you aren't down here then you don't have a ride!" He threatened me to hurry up.
I put on my jean jacket that said "idiot" on the back, a black fitted crop top, some light washed denim high waisted skinny jeans, and my all black converse. I put on my concealer and mascara, I'm not a big fan of makeup. I grabbed my book bag and ran downstairs.
"Okay, I'm down here. Lets go now." I said to Jayk who was waiting for me at the door.

•AT SCHOOL•

I walked into first period, World Geography, I hate this class because the teacher never pays any attention. There are groups in this class and I just sit at my desk because Jayk isn't here.
I sat down at my desk and got out my song book and started writing down ideas for songs.
"Look at what we have here!" said Grant Bowling, the bully that everyone knew of, as he took up my notebook.
"Grant, just give it back." I say irritated. I try to get my book back but he held it higher than before.
He started to tear pages out of my notebook and crumble them up.
I just watched him, I felt my eyes starting to tear up. I've been writing in that book since the sixth grade.
The bell rang so I picked up my backpack and left. I ditched school.
I ran home, it wasn't that far. About a block away.
I ran to my room and just plopped onto my bed. I laid on my side and felt a buzz from my pocket.
I pulled out my phone and saw 1 message and 1 notification.
•••MESSAGE•••
Jayk - Where are you? Why aren't you in class?
•••NOTIFICATION•••
Twitter-
@grantbowling mentioned you: "seems the little bitch cried herself a river and rowed herself out of the school. @carterpurdy"
As I read the tweet I felt a single warm tear drip off the tip of my nose.
I texted Jayk.
C: I left the campus, something happened in first period so I went home.
J: What happened, who did it, and are you okay?
C: He ripped my notebook, Grant Bowling, and honestly I don't know.
J: I'll pretend I'm sick, I'm coming home.
C: Jayk it's fine, you don't have to.
J: I want to, anything to make sure my sister is okay.
Jayk is one of those guys who you can tell anything too. He is always there for me. He's my best friend, sometimes he's my only friend.