Chapter 1. A fateful meeting

"Come on (Y/N), Its the most popular club in town!"

My cousin Throckmorton yelled up the stairs.

I was helping her sister, Jennifer, pick an outfit for their night out on the town. I had never really been the going out type. My life of solitude annoyed Throckmorton to no end. Suddenly, I was pelted in the face by a skin tight club dress. 

"ugh" I groaned, knowing there was no way out of this. Once Throckmorton had her mind set to something, she was going to get it done. 

Jennifer, obviously delighted at the chance to give me a make over, sat me down and began to do her worst. Between Jennifer working on my makeup and Throckmorton doing my hair, time passed by extremely slow. 

When they were done a mirror was thrust into my face and I had no choice but to survey the damage. 

"Surprisingly classy," I said with a joking look of surprise on my face.

"You give us no credit," Jennifer said playfully.

"Ok now hurry up and get dressed so we can leave!" Said Throckmorton.

Looking at the dress in the mirror I realized how different it was compared to my usual red and white striped sweater, matching red and white beanie, chunky glasses, skinny jeans, and brown loafers

"Oh well," I sigh and reluctantly climb into the back seat of Throckmorton's 2007 Kia Soul.

The car filled with Jennifer and Throckmorton's excited chatter, however my mind was somewhere else. Jennifer notices me periodically checking my phone and asks me what's wrong.

"Nothing," I say, sounding distant "My boyfriend, Dame Tu Cosita, just won't text me back."

Throckmorton burst into our conversation,

"You don't need that sad excuse of a man."

"You know he's not human!" Jennifer corrected quickly, probably scared of offending me.

"It doesn't matter either way," Throckmorton snaps, "He's a sorry excuse of whatever he is."

Just then they arrive at the club. Throckmorton drops Jennifer and I off at the front, and leaves to find a good parking spot.

An intimidating brick building stood before me. The bass of whatever song was playing was so strong it basically shook the ground. 

I drew in a large breath and jumped in line with Jennifer. Soon after, Throckmorton joined us in line and the wait didn't last much longer after that. 

As I walked in, the dance floor parted and for a brief second I saw him. He was the most gorgeous creature I had ever laid my eyes on. I might've felt guilt, but in that moment I was so overtaken by the beauty that was before me in the DJ booth. 

My phone dinged, ripping me out of my fantasy. It was my boyfriend, Dame Tu Cosita.