Happily Ever After?

"Can you please put your phone down for five seconds while I help you pass English?"

There he was, Connor McQueen, in my home, sitting on my couch, wasting valuable tutoring time texting his girlfriend. Sitting across from him on the floor, I grab the nearest pillow and throw it at him, knocking his phone right out of his hand.

"Didn't know you had an arm on you, Soph," he says throwing the pillow back at me, missing my face as I duck under the table. Ass.

"I have many talents, thank you very much. One of them involves miraculously getting you to pass 12th grade English, you know if you actually paid attention," I say, raising an eyebrow.

Staring back at me, he looks pensive. Something is bothering him.

"Do you believe that people fall in love more than once?"

I was not expecting that to come out of his mouth. How the hell was I supposed to answer that?

"Trouble in Paradise?" I say looking over at his phone and then back at him.

"I think Emma and I are on the verge of ending things and I don't know if I'm willing to let a three year relationship go down the drain. I thought...I thought she was the one." He says, leaning over, setting his elbows on his knees.

My heart leaped. I didn't want it to, but it did. Luckily, he couldn't hear it or see it.

"What do you think I should do?" He asks.

"I think I'm the last person to give you relationship advice", I say, reminiscing about my failed love life.

"Sophia, you're my person. I trust you." He called me his person. His.

Leap, leap, leap. There goes my heart again.

Looking at me with his green eyes, all I wanted to do right then and there was grab his face and kiss him. A kiss that made him realize Emma isn't the one, I am. I have fallen for Connor McQueen and he doesn't even know it.

"If you feel that there's nothing more to work out, then maybe it's time to let her go. She may not be the one, but there is definitely someone out there for you. Someone who is your one." 

Yeah, like me.

Getting up from the couch and grabbing his phone from where it fell, he unlocks it and starts to dial a number. Shit.

"What are you doing?" Getting up as fast as I can from where I'm sitting, I stand next to him and see he's calling Emma.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Hey Emma, can you meet me at Russet Park? We need to talk." My eyes are going to pop out of my head. Not able to hear her response from where I was standing, he hangs up.

Grabbing his jacket and his keys, he's out the door before I can get a word in.

Is he going to break up with Emma? Am I finally going to get my chance?