Courage

"Pha there is something I need to talk to you about, can you come to my dorm room today, in the evening."

This was it, today was the day when I finally confess to my best friends the feelings I have buried deep inside me for so long.

After today I decided that I will not lie to myself anymore, today's events were my wake up call.

What I never thought possible, happened and it made me realize one thing , that we should never deprive ourselves from trying, because good or bad a concrete outcome is by far better than the what if's.

"what is so important that you can't tell me here, you know you can tell me anything don't you" pha asked breaking me from the trail of my thoughts.

"I know that pha but what I am about to tell you is very important to me and I can't do it here, so will you come in the evening?"

"yes of course, you know I will , I will be there by 7, is that alright?"

"yes that's perfect and I know you will because you never say no"

it's true for as long as I have know him there has never been a time where Pha has denied me anything which is strange since he has no problems of doing it with others I wonder why he does that, maybe because I am one of his best friends and the smallest amongst us three and thinks of me as his younger brother while that thought should have been comforting in my case it is terrifying because that would mean that I will get a broken heart today that I may not get the happy ending I want with my best friend

"hey you two what are you on about?" beam asked

"nothing of much interest"

I spoke and quickly glanced at pha to see if he will contradict me but I think he understood that I wasn't ready to say anything to beam and thus kept quite.

He has always been so understanding, no wonder I have fallen for him and why I never confessed the thought of losing him even as a friend is frightening and incomprehensible and Is now again making me start doubting if what I want to do today is the right step or not

"hey it was awesome what happened today right I never thought they of all people will become a couple" beam said reminding me of what gave me the courage to finally confess once again eradicating all my doubts.

Today wayo proposed to ming in front of the entire college, it was almost a fairytale moment with over the top decorations cheesy background music and wayo on one knee speaking his heart out baring himself for all to see leaving himself vulnerable in front of hundreds of people all for the one person he had loved forever and I guess ming understood that no one could ever love him like yo does and so like the wise man he is he accepted his best friend with all his heart and tears in his eye a classic but heartwarming romantic tale.

"yeah! I am so happy for wayo and ming they are made for each other" replied pha.

"I know someone else whose made for each other" beam said looking pointedly at pha while the latter just avoided his eyes

I looked at the both of them confused by beam's comment and pha's reaction but when I asked them about what they meant they just shrugged me off.

We were getting late for out next lecture so I had no choice but to drop the topic and so we all rushed off to our class room.

(time skip)

The classes had finally ended and we all headed to our dorms, pha told me he will come to my dorm after making a short stop at his apartment, I was fine with it since I had to make my own arrangements for the evening.