Her Beginning (2/3)

(2/3)
At first the mermaid was shocked that the human had spoke back but then she smirked, "oh... this one thinks she's a brave one. Well then, for your bravery for fighting back such a dreadful creature as I, I will give you a... a blessing."
"I don't want..." Williams wife start but the mermaid cut her off. "Since you took your son back from me; I, Kylie of the Greek Isles, now make it where every women born of your womb and through your sons will be 'blessed' with the same gift. On their sixteenth birthday, they will be drawn to water and will become like me. Gifted with legs when on land, they'll be seductresses and lovers of pleasure, aching to see pain and to feel it in their life.  Love will not find them as us creatures love fulfilling our lusts too much, but if she ever dare find love, she shall break the curse," the mermaid says and glances at the little girl, diving into the water before anything else can be said.
William's wife slowly stands, stepping back as the words sink in as she looks at her little girl, gasping as her son sits up. Helping him back to the house, she keeps an eye on the girl, telling William of what happened. For the next 9 years, they kept their daughter close, scared of what the creature of water said would come true.
On her sixteenth birthday, William's daughter was fine all day, joking and laughing with her friends at the party. As the night set in, the parents started to breath a sigh of relief when they heard a scream. Rushing out to the lake, where they were holding the party, William took a sharp breath as he watches his daughter drag a man into the water, a tail appearing as they disappear.
Rumors immediately spread, forcing William to pack his belongings, his family and everything else onto a boat to the New Word.