Love is Blind. ← a.I.→

I carefully adjust the white veil on top of my head, fixing it as well as smoothing out the white gown I am dressed in. I take one last look at myself in the mirror, making sure that everything looks good. Once I finish with that, I turn around to greet my mother who had been standing in back of me this entire time. She has tears welled up in her eyes and her hands are placed around her mouth. Just as I am about to say something, we hear a gentle knock on the door and my mother rushes to open the door, her heels clicking against the hardwood floor in the process. She opens the door and more tears come at the sight in front of her. Ashton walks in wearing his new tux, with his best man, Luke, guiding him in.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin! You are not allowed to see the bride before the wedding!"

"Well thats great then, considering I can't see anything." he giggles slightly and Luke lets out a small chuckle.

I laugh at his own joke about his disability and his head snaps in my direction.

"There you are." he mutters breathlessly.

He makes Luke walk him to where I'm standing and Ashton stands less than I foot away from me.

He doesn't say anything. He just stares at me, even though he can't see anything. I hear my mother and Luke shuffle out of the room, leaving Ashton and I alone.

"You're so beautiful." he reaches out his hand and I grab it gently. I watch as tears begin to well up in his eyes and his expression goes blank. Tears begin to stream down his face and he closes his eyes, slowly shaking his head.

"Ash, babe, what's wrong?" I bring my face closer to his and he opens his eyes again.

"I fucking hate myself. That's what's wrong. I can't even look at my own bride because I am fucking blind. Do you know how it feels to look at the person you love and not know how they look at that moment?"

"No, Ash but it's okay! Ju-"

"No! It's not okay! I'm not fucking okay! I can't even see your smile when I try and make you laugh, I can't see the way you look in your wedding dress, or the way your hair looks, I can't see how physically beautiful you are because I am such a fuck up. It kills me to know that I can't see how gorgeous you are and even when I tell you you're beautiful you don't think anything of it because you know that I can't see anything. You mean everything to me and it hurts to know that I can't show you what a beautiful person you are, inside and out. I can't kiss the scars on your wrist, even though I know they're there because I could feel the small indentions in your wrist and they broke my heart. I can't buy you your favorite flower because I don't even know what they look like. I don't even know what the color of your eyes look like, and I am so sure that they are the most beautiful shade of green this world has ever known, whatever the hell green looks like."
Ashton has always been in love with my eyes. I was telling him how eye colors are different on everyone and I told him that most people have brown eyes, but mine were green, and from that day on he swore that I had the prettiest eyes, even though he has never seen them.

"I bet that when you blush you look adorable, because I heard that when girls do that they look cute, so I imagine it would look cuter on you. I also wish I could read. You love reading so much and I would love to see how it feels to read a book without someone reading it to you. I really can't do anything by myself and I hate myself for it." Sobs wrack his body and he puts his face in his hands.

"Hey, stop, please." I pull his hands away from his face and make him keep his head up.

"You have made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world since the day I met you. I love you so much Ashton and I want you to love yourself just as much as I love you. This disability is nothing. It doesn't change a thing to me, now please, can we go get married now?"

His eyes light up and his dimples make an appearance again as he nods slowly.

"I love you so much."

"I love you more."