Prologue

Nicotine

@simply_psychopath 

What if Sarah never went through with telling Brendon about his hidden daughter, Brooke, and the girl remained in foster care?

This caused Brooke to stay in the system until she was eighteen. Because of that, it was a chain reaction. Brendon never became a father (known, at least). Ryan and Brendon never connected once again, had a relationship and married. Ms. Ross and Sarah never went to jail...

Brooke is now a bitter seventeen-year-old girl, who's eighteen birthday is fast approaching. Mary wasn't adopted either and aged out of the home, never to be seen again. The orphanage owners' abuse doubled over the years, and Brooke wasn't the same ever again.

What happens when Ryan, sister of the owner and ex-best-friend-of-Brendon, steps in to shut down the orphanage and help all those inside? When he notices an uncanny resemblance to his old friend and her last name, he knows he needs to do some digging. Though, Ryan doesn't have as little as a phone number or address. But he's determined to reunite the almost-adult with her long-lost father.

Before we start, I will warn that there are extremely sensitive subjects. Mental abuse, physical abuse, mention of suicide and self-harm... I will try to warn if there is something that might upset some viewers. But if there's a part that upsets you, that I haven't put a warning on, please comment on it, and I will do my best to put something in front of it to make sure it doesn't upset others.

This is meant to be a sad alternative universe, but I don't want to make one of the readers upset. That's one of the last things I want to do.

With that being said, enjoy the last possible book of this series!

(Chapters pre-written, three days)

Started: Sunday, May 27th, 2018

End: