Loving Her

Just a one shot. It sucks, but the rumors revolving Shawn's song Why and a scene from a movie or TV show made me want to write this. I don't remember what movie/TV.

Anyways, lower your expectations and don't hate this too much.

-

2014

"Shawn Mendes," the boy introduced himself, looking at all five girls, his eyes mostly on Camila. The fifteen year old had a huge smile on his face. He was opening up for Austin Mahone with Fifth Harmony and the Vamps.

"I'm Ally, that's Camila, Lauren, Dinah and Normani. We're Fifth Harmony."

Shawn nodded his head. "I'm a fan. I was hoping you girls won X-Factor."

Camila grinned. "Thanks! I really liked your Vines."

Shawn blushed, his eyes shifting to the ground. He muttered a small thank you. The other girls introduced themselves to their other tour mates. Shawn kept his eye on Camila, a smile on his face.

Lauren just watched.

-

Lauren could see it. She was sure a lot of people could see it. The looks. The smiles. The hugs.

Lauren knew all about it because she'd go through the same thing.

Camila laughed at whatever Shawn was telling her. The boy had a goofy smile on his face.

Shawn Mendes had a crush on Camila Cabello. It was obvious. And Camila was breaking his heart. And you couldn't be mad at her. That girl was oblivious to it. That's how Lauren got away with her crush for two years.

Shawn looked over and his eyes connected with Lauren's. The other girl gave him a smile, letting him know it was okay. Shawn shrugged and turned to Camila who missed the small interaction.

-

"How do you do it?" Shawn asked one day.

Lauren was sitting alone at a party, drink at hand. The bands were celebrating their first tour date. She looked over at Shawn with a frown. "What?"

"How are you okay with your heart breaking every day?"

Lauren smiled at him. "You know why."

The fifteen year old sighed. "I just wish she could be happy with me."

Lauren laughed. "I wished for that too."

"I don't want to hurt anymore."

"One day it won't. You just have to wait for that day."

Shawn sighed and nodded.

-

Lauren dropped a sandwich in front of him. He looked up surprised.

"Staring won't make her fall for you."

"I see you do it all the time."

Lauren laughed. "So take if from me, it doesn't help. She's oblivious."

Shawn sighed and grabbed the sandwich. He took a bite and turned to the older girl. "Want to do something?"

"We're doing something now."

"I mean something fun. Not that crushing on she-who-must-not-be-named isn't fun, but we can go watch a movie?"

"Harry Potter marathon?"

Shawn nodded, a grin on his face.

Lauren and Shawn went to his tour bus.

"What house do you think you'll be in?" Lauren asked Shawn while they walked.