~

SO YEAH...... THIS IS A THING, I GUESS..... I JUST HAD THIS IDEA AND I JUST WROTE IT DOWN AND I THINK I LIKE IT??? I MIGHT TURN IT INTO SOMETHING, TELL ME YA'LLS OPINIONS AND SHIT. ALSO, EVERYTIME I WRITE AN AN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CHAP I THINK OF KALI'S DISTRUST FOR ME AN WISE, THANKS FOR RUINING MY LIFE. ILY

"I'm ho-ome." I sing jokingly, dumping my bags by the door and yanking off my shoes.

Shaun looks up from his newspaper, a grin breaking over his face.

"Tyler! I haven't seen you in a while, i certainly hope you'll be hanging around now that it's the holidays."

I giggle, rolling my eyes slightly.

"I know, it's been what... Three days? And don't worry, you'll be sick of me soon."

Shaun laughs softly before returning to his newspaper. I beeline for the fridge, and upon opening the satifyingly heavy door am immediately rewarded with the sight of a brightly lit array of delicious foods. I often joke that the only reason I hang around so much is for the food, which i mean, is kind of true i guess. But it's more of a symptom. I love my house, I really do, with an ever-shifting cast of half siblings, step siblings, friends, friends of friends, extended family, family friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, and the occasional foster kid - but as one could probably imagine, it tends to get a bit much. Not to mention the fights. I've often been told I have quite a flamboyant personality, but I seriously feel like everyone who enters the door instantly turns into a drama queen, screaming their heads off over burnt eggs or missing socks.

Obviously I have other reasons for pretty much living at the Mellet household. The main one being Steele Mellet. Me and Steele met in Year 5, and just kind of hit it off. We bonded over our mutual love of pokemon cards and finger buns, and we've been inseperable ever since. I've slept over at his house every weekend since... Grade 7 maybe? No one even bats an eyelid at my presence any more, and Laurelle has told me on numerous occasions that she thinks of me as her fourth son. Plus, the Mellet's have like the coolest house ever. They have a spa. In their garden. A literal spa.

"Drooling over the fridge again Ty?"

Ah look, if it isn't the other reason I hang around so much.

Troye is grinning at me, lounging against the bench and sipping a strawberry milk poppa.

"Of course, Troye boy. What else would I be doing." I retort, subconciously returning his grin.

I was kind of worried about this holidays, to be honest. I hadn't been spending much time here over the school term, claiming schoolwork and fatigue as excuses for my absences - which the Mellet's reluctantly accepted. It was my last school term ever, after all. I really hadn't struggled that much with the workload, but I was kind of avoiding Troye after what had happened last holidays.

But maybe it would be okay. Maybe I was worrying about nothing, and things would go back to how they were when we were kids. Maybe it would stop being so damn hard to be around him.

"I can think of a few things..." He says innocently, leaning a little bit closer and wrapping his perfect lips around the straw. Something in my stomach plummeted to my crotch, and I turned back to the fridge abruptedly, hoping he hadn't noticed my blush.

Or maybe not.

"Where's Steele?" I said as casually as i could, rifling through some food to try and find a suitable snack.

"I think he's at his footy, end of year, breakup... party, thing. He should be home pretty soon."

I sigh, biting my lip.