Book weds Music

He was a novel lover. The idea of living a whole life in a book always gives him goosebumps. He had lived so many lives through his novels till date.

She belongs to music. She has no friends to share her feelings so she chose music. She could relate every moment of her life with songs. 

DAY 1

They met first when that cashier lady in the "music & books" shop ran out of change when she was paying for her music CDs. He was behind her with a bundle of novels. That lady asked him to pay for his novels so that she can give change to that pretty girl standing in front of him. Unfortunately, he was out of change too. So, that lady gave him a big note which was the sum of change for both and asked them to share that with each other outside.

"Hmm, Khaled Hossaini, Paulo Coelho, john green, Dan Brown. Looks like you've bought books for this whole year" she taunts him, seeing with a bundle of 6 novels.

"No, I will finish them in less than a month. Books are the best thing that ever happened to the world." He replied, proudly.

"I doubt that. I think it's music. Music is far better than anything." She started the argument.

For a long time, they kept searching for change in shops and arguing about books v/s music. Finally, they got their change and hit their roads without concluding the argument. But there was a picture left in their minds of each other with their interests which they were unable to shake. They kept thinking about each other all day and night.

DAY 2

They met again. This time on a traffic signal. As soon as he saw her, he shouted at her "hey music lover, you left our conversation without concluding it yesterday."

Although they both were surprised to see each other again, they also felt happy.

"you wanna conclude it here? On red light?" she shouted back with a laugh.

"no. it's a very sensitive matter. We should discuss it in the next coffee shop on our way. Whoever loses, pays the bill"

"challenge accepted." She smiled on his innocence and accepted his challenge.

They didn't discussed, they argued. And that was quite a show. They were so mused in their argument that they didn't even realize that every eye in that coffee shop was now looking at them.

Finally, they decided to exchange each other's interests and then conclude their "discussion".

With a big smile and hope, they exchanged their interests.

6 YEARS LATER, they exchanged their engagement rings with an even bigger smile and hope.

-Neil