first day at camp

* sabre * 

the sun was out and lucas was asleep in his car seat . i was staring out the window watching the trees rush by in a blur of green . the low sound of the car's motor made me fell sleepy . we had been driving for six hours now . eventually we pulled into a parking lot my mother waking up lucas and helping us with our suitcases. this was the first day of summer camp .

================================================================================

camp counselor : hello everyone welcome to camp sunshine . * lighting and thunder * sorry that happens a lot . it storms often here . let's go inside so we don't get rained on . okay i see this year we have new faces . please introduce yourselves to the other campers .

sabre : hi i'm sabre i'm seven .

Lucas : i'm lucas and i'm seven as well sabre and i are brothers i was adopted into his family last year .

camp counselor : very nice to meet you all . the boys dorm is next to the picnic area the girls dorms are next to the restrooms . my name is Jess .

sabre : hi Jess .

lucas : hi Jess .

==========================================================================

?? ; oh look we have newbies . hi i'm reek , but i was suppose to be named zak . so thats what you can call me .

lucas ; sabre . i thought jay was coming to camp  .

zak : oh you know that jay kid . yeah he moved back to Australia .

?? : yeah . he moved back because his family couldn't afford to live here any more .

zak : gazzy . you're here .

gazzy :  hi zak .

??? : will you two stop . i'm trying to sleep .

zak ; sorry mango .

sabre ; where is my bed .

zak : here . you can have this one . it was some kid's bunk before he left early . he was here for about a day . i think his name was Andrew .

sabre : really . i used to go to daycare with an Andrew . but i moved then didn't get to see him again .

lucas : i call dibs on the red bed .

mango : oh i forgot . this isn't even half of the boys who live in the dorm .

Preston : sabre !  lucas !

sabre : Preston . are your brothers here .

Preston ; yeah .

lucas : i can't wait to see them again .

==================================================================