Chapter forty{unedited}

Arabella's (POV)

He has been awfully quiet the whole car ride from my office to the penthouse, speaking only when spoken to.

I shifted my gaze upon him and all I get was his silent stare ahead coupled with a tense shoulder. I scooted nearer to him taking his hand I intertwine with mine, the way it should always be.

This gesture catches his attention as he turns to face me.

I lend in closer to him and whispered against his lips,"Love you," I gave a peck on his lips.

"I Love you," His lips strain at the corner of his right trying to form a smile. But it was just a Passover as he went back to being stoic in his appearance.

"Is everything alright? You seem distant," I voiced out my concern.

He looks on but his eyes held no emotion it was blank which made me feel slightly agitated. He sighed," Sorry it was a hectic day. How was yours."

"It was okay. I had lunch with Robin and Jemi, they informed me that they are planning on going down to New Orleans to attain the music festival this weekend." I smiled.

He nodded and went back to staring upfront. I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

Was it too late to cancel on going to the merger party tonight? Or was Jemi right on telling me that I made the wrong decision on making him agree to the merger because after all, he was just being protective of me.

Jemi had me second guessing again. But when I think of the way how Dominic easily carries on in shutting down people unfairly that displeases him. It solidifies my decision on making him agree to the merger.

I am certainly not looking forward to seeing Richard again nor will I ever be. To me, tonight's event will be just me attaining a purely business party with my boyfriend as his date that's it.
I lifted my head from his shoulder and released my hand from his and tried to scoot near the door to my side but he pulled me closer towards him.

Hands circling around my waist, I felt his soft cold lips on my temple. I turned to face him," You are brooding a lot." I frowned kneading my brows.

His lips wrinkles at the right corner forming a small barely visible smile"Maybe a cold shower with you will help me relieve the tension don't you think."

I scoffed," Hardly." I looked away. He was dodging the topic.

He chuckled," Trust me it will." He leans in biting on my earlobe sending delicious sensation on my body. My body responds to his touch but I refused to sink deep without having a proper conversation with him.

Turning to face him, my reprimanding eyes meets him,"Babe I really don't like it when you do this, dodging the topic. I know something is bothering you and you are not telling me." I stressed my words as I rest my hands on his chest.

He sighs and gave a peck on my lips," You are right. I'm sorry." But before we could continue, the car comes to a halt indicating that we have reached the penthouse.

Stepping out of the car we walked hand and hand towards the elevator.

"Please tell me." I turned to face him as soon as the elevator door closed.

He racks his hair with his fingers and held my gaze," Arabella I cannot lose you." His voice comes out tight with agitation.

I stepped closer to him hands circling around his waist," why would you say that."

"For God's sake Arabella you will meet him. Don't you think I have every right to be apprehensive? You guys had a history, yo..you loved him." He stuttered his voice barely a whisper as he finishes the last sentences. If I weren't standing this close to him I won't have heard him.