chapter 1

"I really don't want to see another one of your stupid boy bands in concert, Mar." I firmly told my best friend.

"Well that's just too bad, isn't it, B? Look, I'm sorry, but you know the rules. My parents will only let me go to concerts with a friend, and I have no other friends." Marissa rolled her eyes jokingly as she reexplained her parents' rules regarding going out for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

"Okay, first of all, that's a lie. You're literally the most popular person in our school. Speaking of which, I still don't understand why you're friends with me, but whatever. Anyways, fine, I'll go, but do we have to be there so early? You probably won't even meet them! What's the point?"

"Bethany May Hunt, shut the fuck up. We've been friends for like 8 years, you know I love you."

"Don't understand the need to use my full name, but ok," I interrupted her.

She glared at me for stopping her, then continued, "And, besides, this band isn't as big as One Direction. All the Twitter stans that have gone to see them already said they come out of their tour bus to hang out! Don't worry, even if they don't, we'll still have fun. The concert will be lit too. Their music is super good, and there's also this one member who is totally your type. Super tall, funny, great at singing and dancing, and also hella hot. You'll love it!" Marissa assured me.

"Alright fine, but if I don't like it, you owe me."

"Deal! I'll buy you a ton of new film if you reeeeally hate it." She wagered.

"Perfect. Looks like I'll be getting new film for my camera, then." I remarked.

"Don't be so sure of yourself," Marissa wagged her finger in my face.

I laughed before asking, "What's this band called, again? Wasn't it something stupid?"

"Excuse me, the bands' name is not stupid! I'm offended."

"Can't you just answer the damn question?" I groaned.

"Okay, okay! The band's name is 'PRETTYMUCH'."