Chapter 1

My phone buzzed and a notification flashed across the screen reading, Appointment at 3 as I was  parking my car in the ridiculously busy parking lot. 

I've been waiting for this appointment for weeks, the anticipation has been building up inside me and today is finally the day I've been yearning for. As I enter the waiting room my stomach suddenly explodes with the feeling of butterflies and my palms begin to sweat.

Keep calm Kaylee, no need to freak out. Everything is okay.

As time passed the moment was creeping closer and before I even realized it, I was sitting on a chair in the office and the time was here.

A middle-aged lady with dark hair and beautiful tanned skin walked into the small room and sat down quietly across from me.

I could feel my heart pulsing through my chest as the seconds ticked by.

"Hi there Ms. Cruz how are you doing today?" The doctor said.

"Just nervous, but I'm okay," I said.

"So lets just get right to it then. Your results have come back from the lab and I have carefully looked over them several times, but unfortunately Kaylee, it is not good news. I'm so sorry."

My heart dropped, "I-It's not"

"Kaylee you have a cancerous brain tumour known as Glioblastoma."

And from this moment on my world flipped upside down, and nothing was ever the same.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry it was short I just wanted a quick introduction before the book really begins. Hope you enjoyed it! xx