1. The Break Up

I looked at my phone and got a notification from David's Channel.
We broke up
Popped up. They made it public. I was proud of him. We kept in touch over the years as he moved to Los Angles and I went to Colorado for collage as a Communication's major. He told me 3 months after they broke up and I understood Liza and him really loved each other. I was almost done with collage in Colorado at Colorado University in Denver. I was going to Los Angles and crash on David's couch in 3 days. The past few days were exhausting as I crashed on my friend Adam's couch.

"I'm sad to see you go Alice," Adam said as he handed me my tea from Starbucks "I'm gonna miss my ghetto little sister."

I rolled my eyes in response and took a sip of my tea. " You know I'm 2 months older than you, right?"

"I know but I'm taller. Therefore I'm older." Adam said.

"Whatever boosts your confidence, Adam," I said getting a scone he got at the Colorado Bread company.

"You excited to see David?" Adam asked me.

"Ya, I'm excited to see everyone Alex, Zane, Scotty, and all them." I replied getting up and repacking stuff.

"I thought you were leaving on Friday?" Adam said confused.

"Well I thought that too but David just told me he moved me up to tomorrow. Told me that he wanted to surprise Liza." I responded to him. He had just texted me this 5 minutes ago.

"I'll help you, I'll get your stuff from the bathroom." He ran off.

"Don't mix it up with Riley's stuff again." I laughed as a slid into the bathroom followed by him screaming. I frantically packed just when David texted me my flight time.

'5 am! What the hell does he think I am a morning person!'

I got everything in my first 2 suitcases situated as I waited for my toiletries from Adam.

"ADAM! It's been 20 minutes what's taking you so-" I was cut off by the sound of crashing and fumbling from the bathroom. I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

"Adam! What the hell are you- AHHHH!" I screamed. I had just walked in on Adam and Riley hooking up. Again, the second time this week. "Guys! I get your are in love and shit but can you keep this in the bedroom. Plus I'm leaving tomorrow." I grabbed my shit from the bathroom and walked to the couch and put it all into my last suitcase and zipped it up. I was all done and it was only 5pm. So after Adam and Riley were done we went to a movie and went to get drinks at a local bar. We laughed about the last semester of college and how we were stressing out about life. Eventually we made it back to the apartment riding in a Uber and singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody.

****

My alarm went off at 2am. I woke up and got ready to go to DIA ,Denver International Airport. I was getting ready to call a Uber when Adam and Riley walked out of their room.

"You guys don't have to you know. I can call a Uber." I said to them yawning.

"No I want to drive my best friend to DIA and have a dramatic crying goodbye like in the movies as you walk and look back and wave goodbye and walk into security." He told me. I laughed and hugged them both. We loaded my luggage into the car and closer the lid to the trunk. I hopped into the passenger seat and we took off.

As we drove on I-25 we listened to Under presser by logic and I looked out to the mountains I was going to miss them. The mountains were the best thing about Colorado, they made the sunsets ten times better, they added so much color. The moment when the sun touched them was like magic. Now I'm leaving them for the Pacific Ocean. Who's sunsets I never have seen.