I Can Face The World

Your Eyes, When I See You Smile

Jaebum nods his head with faked enthusiasm at the man currently standing across from him. He doesn't even remember what the man's name is anymore. He had forgotten it ten minutes after the man had introduced himself. He lets his eyes wander around the room, taking in the people that were dressed expensively in the latest styles. In his eyes, they were all scavengers- vultures, every last one of them. Although Im Medical Corps was just one of the largest medical supply companies in Asia, but it was the most reliable, and everyone who was somebody in Seoul wanted to be in his good graces.

Problem was Jaebum wanted nothing to do with any of them.

That was until he locked gazes with one Park Jinyoung. Jaebum never believed in love at first sight, but he definitely began to the moment he met the dark abyss of Jinyoung's smiling black eyes. His eyes that crinkled at the corners beckoned Jaebum, and before he could stop himself, he was walking to the younger man with two champagne flutes and a dangerous smile.

"Hello. Jinyoung, right?" he asked immediately, offering the flute to the man- his eyes never leaving Jinyoung's. In his peripherals, he saw the tips of his ears begin to color cutely and his smile broadened.

"No pick-up line?" the younger smirked as he took the proffered glass, obviously bypassing his nervousness to openly challenge his intentions.

"No, not for you. I have a feeling I shouldn't and don't need to," he answered.

Jinyoung only hummed in reply, looking away. "Maybe you shouldn't get too ahead of yourself, Mr. Im," Jinyoung finally answered after a beat, looking back at him. He emptied his glass in one gulp before placing it on the table behind him. "I'm not as easy as the man that was trying to chat your pants off. Thank you for the drink," he says before turning away to walk away.

"Wait," Jaebum called, making a grab for his elbow. "I didn't mean it like that."

"Okay. What did you mean then?" the younger man asked, arching a perfectly styled brow.

"I have a feeling you and I don't need any of that bullshit. I've been hurt before and you've been hurt too, but together, I think, we can teach each other what love is."

"Love? Now we're reaching here."

"By the end of tonight, the only thing we'll be reaching for is each other."

"What makes you so sure about that?"

Jaebum smiled beadily. "Because the moment I looked into your eyes and you smiled, I fell in love."

Jinyoung scoffed. "You don't even know me."

"I think we can change that," he challenged.

Jinyoung pursed his lips, cocking his head to one side- an obvious sign of his hesitance beginning to break.

"One chance- that's all I'll ask for. If by the end of tonight, you find you don't like me, I'll leave you alone," he prodded.

"One chance?" the younger asked, and he nodded. "And I can walk away at any time?"

"One chance," he confirmed, "and yes, anytime you find something about me you don't like, you can get up and walk away."

"Okay," Jinyoung answered.

Smiling, he pulled Jinyoung around to face him. "Dance with me."

Jinyoung stared at him wide-eyed with panic as he placed his hand in the younger's and pulled him on the dance floor. "I don't..."