The Start Of Everything

Shuichi's POV

I was looking at my old stuff inside my closet and I stumbled upon the old box I put on the top of my closet. I  sat on the bed and open it to see what was inside. I saw a picture of me and Amami together the first time we met each other.

(FLASHBACK)

I was sitting on the grass at the schools garden, then suddenly a guy came and throw a rock at me. Doing it multiple times.

"What's an emo kid like you doing here? You should just stay inside your house so I won't need to see a gloomy kid like you here!" continuing throwing rocks at me.

I was pretty skinny for a kid my age preventing me from standing up for myself. So, the only thing I could do was shield myself from them.

A lot of people don't like me because I didn't like interacting with others, the colors I wear which is black, gray, and white, the way I give of an atmosphere that is pretty gloomy which is what they say about me.

Remembering the rest of the words said to me by others is making me feel like crying when suddenly no more rocks were being thrown at me. I slowly lifted my head, I was met with a terrified look of the guy who threw rocks at me sitting on the floor. He was punched by this guy and was then grabbed by his collar, lifting him up in the air.

"Dont you ever touch or even go near him EVER AGAIN! Apologize to him!" The guy was still lifting the guy who was threw rocks at me

"I-I'm v-v-very s-sorry! I swear I-it wo-won't happen a-again!" Then the guy loosen his hold on his collar and runs off, living the two of us behind.

The guy looked at me and kneels down in front of me. He pointed at my bleeding hands and a scratch on my cheek from earlier, I didnt even notice it.

"T-Thank you f-for helping me! it means a lot!"

Cause of embarrassment, I tried my best to hide my face with the cap I'm wearing.

"No need to be embarrassed Im Rantaro Amami SHSL Adventurer! nice to meet ya!" He smiles and extended his hands to me so I can shake it.

"Oh! I'm Shuichi Saihara SHSL Detective. Nice to meet you too Amami." I smiled and shake his hand

He helped me get up and he said he would give me a piggyback ride, but as soon as I told him that I was fine, I instantly fell on my knees. Left with no more room to argur I ended up getting on his back on the way to the clinic.

"So, why did that guy did that to you?"

"Well....."

I contemplated on telling him or not about why they did that to me. In the end, I decided to tell him about it.

We were the only one's on the hallway at the time.

"I've been bullied for a long time now. Maybe I got so used to being bullied that it didn't really bothered me."

After saying that things went silent for a while.

I would be lying if I said that was true, because it wasn't. Everyday I kept thinking of whether such time will come where I wasn't bullied anymore, or if there was a version of myself in a alternate universe where they never get to experience the things I've been through.

"Don't say that."

"Say what?"

"That you're fine with it!"

I could tell that he was angry because his sudden c

"Don't worry..."

"Huh?"

"Because from now on I'll always protect you." He said while smilling. I couldn't do anything but blush the whole way to the clinic.

(End of FlashBack)

I smiled at the thought of that day and put the pic on my bed side table and suddenly falls asleep.

_____-----Timeskip-----_____

I woke up in someone else's bedroom and saw Amami.he was just standing there looking at me. I cant tell what his thinking. he looks pissed off,angry, and upset.Then he grabbed me on my collar  and our faces were so close to each other.And i can sense that there is something not right.

"Is something wrong amami?" I said. I was starting to get scared  because of what he was doing.

"Im gonna make you TWO suffer........" he whispered in my ears.

I didnt know what he said means.But everything between me and him changed............