Prologue

It was winter in the town, December second to be exact. This particular night was significant.. The memory hasn't faded a bit. As the town sign fell, and the name was forgotten, I felt a dreariness like no other.
    No one could foresee that after this night, there would be no more lights or laughter, there would be no more visitors.. After this night, everything would be different.
    Cora and Zorith lived in that town their entire lives. Seven years before the night they had been gifted with a pure saint child. The purest of all the towns people. Well she was was pure.. now.. we'll perhaps we shouldn't be skipping that far ahead.
    Her name was Rain. Rain had been the most promising weather at the time. It was an honorable name. Until that night.
   The wind howled like an evil creature screaming from the depths of hell. But they weren't screaming, they were laughing. Laughing at the destruction, the chaos and the havoc in the world. Laughing so hard they could be heard. They had been dragged down to the underworld for eternity. Or so the town had thought.
    Lucile came. She was young and stupid. She didn't understand that everything she did was going to kill her in the end. Tie her to a stake and make her plead for forgiveness that she would never get.
    Lucile came and she made the towns people beg like she would one day. They gave her everything they had to spare their children's lives. It wasn't good enough. Lucile killed them all. All but two. All but Rain and a helpless village man. Rain was only seven but she was powerful. I suspect that the reason Lucile came was because the only thing that can stop a demon is a saint.
    Lucile was unable to kill her because she had been purified by the gods. Instead, Lucile put upon her the most dreadful punishment. She gave her blood. As Rain was overcome by the sweet taste, she couldn't control it, she killed the village man and completed the ritual. Every drop of water turned red and was gone for the rest of eternity.. or so Lucile had thought.
    My name is Rain, and this is how I came to be.