Chapter 1

"Wake up!! come on! eat something please...." Hailey sat beside my bed pulling me up.

I've been crying the whole night in her apartment, yup! you heard that right. I'm in my best friend's apartment because I don't have my own because I stay with my boyfriend's (or should I say ex-boyfriend now) apartment. I screwed up big time. Like what they say, curiosity kills a cat and my curiosity killed my eight-year relationship.

"I swear, I didn't do anything Hailey, I didn't meet those guys, I didn't sleep with anyone from them. Why would Jacob think of that? We were together for eight years! I only downloaded that app to feed my curiosity! I swear Hailey, I didn't do anything..." I cried like the I wanted to die right now as I sat and my best friend hugged me.

"Maybe you should ask that yourself, why would he think that way? I hate to say this to you, but I asked Dylan about this whole situation thing. And he told me, maybe Jacob is the one cheating and he was just using this as an excuse to pin the blame on you."

"No, he will never do that, he will never cheat on me. This was all my fault, I should've not downloaded that app..." I said crying again. "I never flirted back Hailey...I was just there to see how it is on a dating app world..." 

"I know...I saw the messages and honestly, that's not how you talk to guys if you are on a dating app. Please stop crying for a while, I'm really hungry and I want some waffles and coffee.." She said wiping my tears.

I forced a smile. "I'm hungry too..."

So, this is how I and Hailey met. I was a newbie at Seattle General Hospital and I'm from a small town in Canada. I decided to move here to be with Jacob, to build our dreams together. I only know Hailey for a year, but boy, we really clicked like we've known each other for the rest of our lives. I always tell her that before I flew to Seattle I prayed that God will let me meet a friend that I can call my best friend whom I can do crazy kinds of stuff together, cry together. And I hope that's her. Because I don't have that friend, I have close friends before but I didn't have "that best friend".

She's a Muslim and I'm a Catholic. You know, growing up I used to be scared with Muslim people because to me Muslim people are murderers, but when I met her. I started to appreciate the Muslim community. These are nice people you know, like a normal people living their normal lives. I know our religions are worlds apart, but see we made it as best friends. And that's something already.