New Year's Day

It was a rainy day in New York City, mellow skies darkens the city that never sleeps on the day before New Year's. Jessica walks down the wet streets of fifth avenue hoping to get more favors for the party at her  apartment today. As she walks in Saks her phone rings, it's Susan.

Jess: Well it's about damn time.
Susan: now dont get me wrong I just landed in nyc. And no I didnt break my foot skiing this time.
Jess: thank god it would be a bummer to miss you at the party tonight.

Jessica laughs as she goes through all the designers' dresses.

Susan: so got any date yet?
Jess: unfortunately no.
Susan: oh come on miss jessica lange cant get any dates for her own party? That's ridiculous. Jess: what i'm fine, you'll be there anyway.
Susan: yeah right with a date and I wouldn't want to miss my new years eve kiss ok.
Jess: well who care about that I'm looking for a dress now.
Susan: want me to get you a date?
Jess: susan i told you i'm fine.
Susan: i'm still gonna find you a date  you are supposed to have a date.......

Susan mumbles on the phone as Jessica hears a familiar voice calling her she turns around and there he is, the face she never thought she'd see again.

Susan: jess are you still on the line?
Jess: i'll see you later
Susan: WAIT WHAT DO YOU.

Jess puts her phone down as he gives her a kiss on the cheeks and a hug.

Jess: Danny what are you doing here?
Danny: well i was just shopping you know, how are you?
Jess: i'm, i'm fine.

Jessica gets nervous around Danny since she's always had a crush on him, but she isn't sure if he feels the same way about her. But she knows that she has went sleepless at night thinking about him during AHS life. Now she only thinks about him once in awhile.

Danny: so what are you doing here alone on new years eve?
Jess: oh i'm just looking for a dress.
Danny: party tonight huh?
Jess: yes.

Suddenly a lightbulb came on.

Jess: I'm hosting the new year's eve party tonight, since you're in town would you come?
Danny: you know i'd agree to anything you say in a heartbeat *winks*
Jess is flattered, she feels like a highschool girl.
Jess: that would he amazing!
Danny: so i have to bring a date?
Jess: well actually, i was hoping if. If you'd be my date tonight.
Danny: Jessica Lange doesn't have any dates? Surprising.

Danny teases Jess. He knows how annoyed she'll be and he thinks it's cute.

Jess: Oh shut up, it's only because I was too busy planning the party that I forgot to get myself a date. If you don't wanna be my date it's fine.

Jess says giving him a smirk.

Danny: Of course I'll be your date, your majesty Lange.

Danny curtsies which made Jess laughed.
He helps her look through the dresses, being a fashion critic of a sudden which made Jess laugh even more at his failed attempt.

Danny: Look, this is perfect, an off shoulder knee length black dress with gold embroidery just like your Emmy's dress this year but with a modern twist to it.

Jess is surprised, he watched Emmy's? Why?

Jess: Wait, you watched the Emmy's? You're joking right.

Jess laughs.

Danny: Are you kidding? I wouldn't want to miss my girl winning again and seeing I couldn't be there in person it'd be a bum if I didn't watch it at home.

Jess blushes.

Jess: Well your girl didn't win.

Jess said imitating Danny as he laughs. They both are very comfortable around each other. Feels like there's no one else but the two of them in a huge big world.