I am working for Phamtomhives??? AKA How it all started

I could not see a damn thing, thanks to the rain, which was not good since I was riding a horse. I was just hoping that this rain will not develop into a storm, because Claire (my horse) always goes crazy when she hears thunder. I am so tired... I was riding a horse all day and cried almost the whole time so there is no energy left for me to function normally. I can't even think straight. And then I saw a lightning. I panicked because I knew what is about to happen next- thunder will come and Claire will become uncontrollable. I would not have the power to control her in that situation. I immediately put my glasses into my pocket to see better in the rain and grabbed reins tighter. Then thunder came and Claire jumped up from the shock, as I expected. "Shhhh, everything is okay girl...." I whispered in her ear as I was trying to stay in the saddle, but it was no use. She probably felt my fear. She started running like crazy, she probably thought that she could run away from that storm. I saw only trees and other trees, there is no way there will be any civilization, so I panicked. "Stop, please!" I try to stop her, but she doesn't listen or react to my directions, even though I dragged the reins like crazy. We run for few minutes while she's not stopping and I'm losing my last energy. I give up on trying and just hug her wet neck in order to don't fall off. I'm gonna die here... All my muscles hurt, my eyes are closing and I'm cold. I'm gonna fall off her... I'm gonna fall off, lose consciousness, catch cold, get lost and die. I felt my body slowly slipping away from horses back.

At that moment, I realize that the surface we are running on changed. I look at the ground. It's not the weathered footpath we were running at. It's gravel. With the rest of my energy, I get my head up. My view is kinda blurred, but I can recognize that it's some kind of fancy mansion. Don't tell me... Did she really..? I shake my head in disbelief. She really found someplace to hide... Hope the people who live in are friendly...

She intuitively runs into stables, which are open for some reason and I fall to the ground and breathe heavily. I'm soaked up to the bone, I'm cold, tired and dirty, but I probably have a place to sleep, which is good. I rest for a while and then I get up and get Claire into one of the empty boxes and I dismount her. "Good girl, I love you..." I say to her and start drying her with the hay what is on the floor. I feel like I'm going to faint soon, but I don't want her to get sick too.

"I'm going to find somebody, stay here okay..? Hehe, you don't have where to run when I close the door of your box, huh?" I laugh, pet her and go inside the mansion, with my sword hidden under my dress, just in case.

"Is there somebody?" I shout into the halls, hoping somebody will hear me and help me. I'm leaning onto the walls, to prevent falling. This manor sure is big... I walk in the halls and knock on all the doors I see. Nobody is responding, but as I'm getting deeper into the manor, I'm getting stronger and stronger feeling that somebody is watching me. "Hello?" I turn to see who is that stranger but I only catch some kind of shadow. "I know you are following me..." I start coughing, and it really hurts my throat. Nobody is responding. I turn back and continue walking until I feel the person is close enough. "I'm going to attack you if you don't show yourself." I said, hoping they'll respond to me, but nothing happens. I can tell that they are going to make a move and since I'm tired, and I can't think clearly, I panic and try to draw my sword as fast I can, but instead of feeling familiar handle in my hand, I feel... Pain? I try to move my hand, and I realize I'm bleeding. "What the-" I feel cold metal on my throat. Is that... My own sword?

"I don't think you would."

I hear the voice... I don't know him, but his voice is nice and calming... Oh wait, is he just threatening me? "S-sir... I did not come here to steal or kill, I swear, you just scared me..." I whisper because I don't have the energy to do more. "Can I ask what are you doing here then?" He sounds so calm... "My horse was scared because of the storm and ran here" I gave him an exhausting answer. He slowly laid down the sword from my throat and I sighed with relief. I decided to turn around. He was tall, fair-skinned and he was wearing tailcoat. So butler, huh... He really is doing his job well. "I'm really sorry for interrupting this late without invitation. My name is Anne Wright. I decided to find a job somewhere, to take care of myself. I left the city this morning, and I didn't expect that it would take so long. Then a storm came and you know the rest." I blurted out trying to keep calm and bowed as an apology, red in the face because that wasn't the proper talk I should use.