I think I'm in love... with my best friend Brad.

The days were slowly blurring together. Summer was ending and school was coming closer. I could not wait until school. My name is Naomi Parisi. I was currently heading into my senior year. Being the most popular girl in school had its advantages. I could get any guy I wanted with the snap of my finger. That is, except for Brad.

Brad Sayre was my best friend. We had grown up together. He meant everything to me. We did everything together. Our parents were even close. We'd have Family Dinner Fridays, the Sayres would come over, and we'd all eat dinner together.

Brad was definitely handsome. He had dark brown, shaggy hair. His dark brown eyes sparkled beneath it. His smile was breath taking, with his one little dimple located on his right cheek. He had the cutest teeth ever. Every time he smiled, I couldn't help but smiling too. He made me feel whole.

Since our parents were so close, we had our own fort outside. It wasn't much of a fort though. It was more like a completely separate house. Almost every night we slept out there together. We had two matching beds, one with a dark blue comforter for him, the other a light green for me. The Fort was equipped with a mini fridge, a microwave, a bathroom, complete with a shower, a 52-inch plasma screen television, a DVD player, and of course, an Xbox 360 for Brad.

For the last week and a half, we had spent every night in there, counting the days down until school started. We were both going to be Seniors this year, and we were going to make the best of it. He had this fling going with Cassie Vermeer. She was tall, blonde, and very gorgeous. She was the only girl I wish I could be. Well, besides myself. Cassie didn't deserve such a sweet, honest, caring guy like Brad. I knew she was cheating on him.

At Bloomingdale High School, everyone cheated on everyone. It was a private school. My daddy paid big money for me to get there. My daddy was an author. He wrote several award-winning books. My mother was a model. My parents were good parents. They always taught me to do the right thing. I didn't believe in cheating, although I had been cheated on plenty of times before. My parents had been married for 22 years, and they were still passionately in love. I had big shoes to fill in. But the real question was, with who?

In the Fort, I was sitting at my vanity, combing through my long brunette hair, while Brad was playing "Left 4 Dead" on his Xbox.

"Brad?" I called to him.

"Yeah, Goob?" He had always called me Goob. Don't ask me why.

"Do you want to go to the movies tonight? We could see that new movie "Inception". It's supposed to be pretty good." I asked him, hoping he would say yes.

"Anything for you, Goob. I'll go talk to Mom." He said. And with that, I was alone. I walked over to my bed and fell backwards onto it. When would he realize how much I cared for him? I reached under my bed and found my secret box. In it I kept a diary, pictures, my old teddy bear, and the Valentine's Day card from him in 1st grade. Sad, I know. I opened up my diary and grabbed a pencil. I wrote, " Dear Diary, I am going to the movies with Brad again, hoping to see Cassie with her other boyfriend there. I know I've tried this several times already, but I know for a fact he works there. I've seen them kiss before. If only he could see how much I love him! I wish he was mine... I" I was interrupted when Brad walked in.

"Hey, what's that?" He said, inquiring about my diary.

"Nothing!" I said and shoved it into my box. So much for keeping my box a secret.

"I think it was a DIARY! Goober's got a diary! Goober's got a diary!" He squealed, taunting me like a 3rd grader.

"Do not!" I said, defensively. "It's just a stupid book." I threw my teddy bear and all of my pictures back in my box and shoved it under my bed. Hopefully I would have time to hide it somewhere else later before he could find it. "Let's go." I said, getting up and grabbing my purse and keys.

"Alright." He replied. I walked over to get my jacket, when Brad reached out and grabbed me. "You've got the prettiest eyes, Goob." He said sweetly.

"Aw. Thanks Bradley. That's really sweet." I smiled. "I love you Brad."

"I love you too Goob." He cooed. "You're my best friend." If only that wasn't all I was to him.

Author's Note:

Howdy everyone :)

Just wanted to thank you for reading my story.

Any criticism is welcomed.

Comment, vote, fan :)

Editor needed, private message me to apply.

Thanks :)

I love you guys!