One

** Angela's P.O.V. **

The steady beeping of the machine beside me was heard. I don't even know how I kept up with this in two years. It is really ticking me off at the moment. It's also a constant reminder of what I have and what I don't. I have a disease, I don't have a life. Not yet but I'm almost there. Times like this gets me the most. I am not really a sad person but when I am alone, all these insecurities and depressions just keeps crawling back in. It's like an uncontrollable habit.

Can't really blame me though. I had it all. Good grades. A friend who had my back. Wealthy ass parents. I hated it when they spoil me but hey they are amazing, I am really thankful to grow up in a home with such great love. The second they knew about my condition, they did everything in their will to cheer me up. Like flowers everyday. I didn't want to keep them from the happiness they felt when they see me smile so I let them buy me stuff. At the age of 18 instead of the freedom and independency that I hoped for, I got a cancer result.

I try not to let these thoughts eat me alive so I stay positive as much as I can. Enjoy life while I still have it. My doctor said that there is still the possibility to beat cancer. But I try not to get my hopes up too high. After all it's just a small possibility.

I strum the strings of my ukulele. Drowning out the sound of the beeping monitor beside me as I sang the words to my favorite song.

"For your eyes only

I'll show you my heart

For when your lonely

And forget who you are.

I'm missing half of me

When we're apart

Now you know me

For our eyes only."

Ending the song with a soft hum, I realize that I had my eyes closed the whole time feeling all the emotions the song carried. I finally open my eyes and find myself looking into bright blue ones that just entered my room.

"Remember when I promised you that I'd make all your wishes come true?" Alex wiggled her eyebrows at me as she walked to the bottom of my bed.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her "Well duh, you're pretty much my fairy god mother, Alex."

"I know, aren't I an amazing best friend?" she shamelessly shrugged.

I know she is but I don't answer to annoy her. Haha.

"Well? At least give me some credit."

A mocking 'eh' escaped my lips as I kept a straight face "You're alright, I guess."

She fake gasped going along with it. I guess at this point you could tell Alex and I are weird friends. This went on and on until she gave up. Lol.

Alex sat down beside me and motioned for me to scoot over before blurting out the words that left me shocked "I convinced your mom and dad to let you go to Harry's show this weekend. I already got us balcony tickets."

"A show?"

"Uhuh, in Manila" she shrugged as if it was nothing.

Are you kidding me? Tickets there in Manila are almost impossible to have your hands on. I'm not even overreacting when I say that Filipino fans are crazy. Hence me. I'm half Filipino by blood so yes I have jet black hair, sunkissed skin and dark brown eyes. I don't know why I didn't get my dad's green ones. Dad is a Canadian and mom is a Filipina. I grew up in the Philippines. So one of my wishes was to see at least one of the boys to perform in my home land. Dramatic, I know.