Chapter 1 Damien's POV

Hala!   So this is my first story, if you like it vote and the more votes get the more motivation have to continue :-) :-)

                                                                     LotsofLove, Miranda

*****************************************************************

"Happy birthday, honey'' my mom said with tears in her eyes. She was sad because it was my sixteenth birthday and when a werewolf turns sixteen they start their search for their mate, well the men do, the women stay put and wait for their mate to come. I am to be the next alpha of the Rain Shadow Pack, it is the second largest pack in the USA. Second to the Dark Light Pack.

"Find your love and come back soon son, okay?" my dad said gravelly and shook my shoulder roughly.

''Thanks dad," my voice was kind of husky as I spoke. I had mixed emotions about leaving. I reallywant to find my mate, but I have no idea how long it will take.

''OH!" my mom yelled rushing forward to hug me,"Just hurry back, baby."

''I will mom" I whispered and got in my car and drove away.

**************************************************************

About 6 days later

I ended up in New York, I figured that I'd start in a big city.  As it started to get dark I decided to climb up the buildings (werewolves have an uncanny sense balance) and follow my nose.

I was on the side of an apartment building when I smelled the most amazing smell, like everything good and right in the world had a smell.

I followed my nose to a building with one entire side of the building had floor to ceiling windows and looked in the third apartment from the top.

There was a girl about the same age as me leaning on a door and staring hard at her cell phone. She squeezed her eyes tight and pressed something on the screen. She opened her eyes and let a breath. I know that there was a wall of glass between us, but I swear her smell got stronger.

She played some music I didn't recognize and walked over to an easel in the corner of the room. It was then I realized she was in her bedroom. I felt like a peeping Tom. But, hey, it was my mate!

She started to paint from the bottom of the canvas up. She painted for so long my fingers and toes went numb. As she painted I noticed the small things about her. She was about 5'5"

with sharp and absolutely beautiful facial features. Her ears were pointed, but it didn't make her look strange. It made her more beautiful. She was thin and she wore an overlarge black shirt that made her look small and petite. the shirt was so long it almost covered up her neon green short shorts. She had pale skin and dark brown hair that was naturally wavey and came down to the middle of her back at the moment she had it down but had it all behind her so she could move her arms. She had a thick white headband in that stood out on her dark hair and bangles around her ankles.