Story

So we all know the FIFA world cup has just began right? How about we change it slightly, add a horror theme to it and put it into a story.

Today I was quietly watching the Russia vs Saudi Arabia game and it was all fine until something happened. The game ended, I was hoping for Russia to win - and they did! I jumped up and down. That very night I fell a sleep to encounter a figure in my dream telling me that my favourite player (Denis Cheryshev) was in danger... I woke up that same minute. I thought, "Who was that in my dream?" It must of been because I was to excited for the game earlier today.

The day came to an end and when I woke up I had the occurance of Sleep Paralysis (you wake up not being able to move or speak), this was strange as i've never had this before and I remember the thought of my favourite Russian football player being in danger, just remembering he scored against Saudi Arabia cheered me up. Minutes past and I still couldn't move... I started violently trying to move to lift this so called curse from my body. After a while I was able to move every part of my body again.

I was waiting for the Eqypt game which starts at 1PM. I questioned "Am I cursed?, "Why did this happen to me?" I stopped worrying myself and just enjoyed the game, I can't say the scores as remember this is a story and the game hasn't happened yet! I planned to go out with my girlfriend for an evening meal straight after the game hit full time but it didn't go to plan, everything went black but not the black you think off, it was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing, I honestly thought I was dead. My vision comes back and straight away I notice i'm not in the same exact house and everything had a darker feel to it. I did the first thing that came to mind - to look out of the window. I saw fields and fields of the darkest grass I have ever seen, I knew this was something that was bad but I just tried my best not to panic. I rapidly opened the door and took a step outside, their was nothing in my point of view other than fields but wait... I heared something that sounded like crowds cheering. I walked closer and closer towards the noise until I noticed that I was stood pretty much in the middle of the field. "Was I one of the players?" I've never played football before (only watched it) so I didn't know what to do. Suddenly a massive football was coming straight towards me but their were no other players I could see so I wondered "Who passed the ball to me?", "Why am I here?" I loved being there but was just really shocked.

I woke up to my girlfriend patting me on the back, I knew what I just witnessed was something that gave me a clue about something I needed to know but I just don't know what it would be...

The Haunted World Cup - Written by Corey Edwards.

549 Words.