Chapter 1: Cait Shelter

The rain battered the land relentlessly, showing it that it wasn't about to end its deluge. Thunder boomed and the wind roared loudly, making the nearby trees bend from the stress. Leaves flew through the air, along with branches that were no longer strong enough to stay on the trees they once belonged too. The path that was usually made of hard dirt, now turned into a muddy bog that would trap anyone who dared walk across it. That didn't stop one lone teen from making his way through the storm. His hair was stuck to his face from the rain, and he was hugging his cloak tightly against his skin. His shoes were covered in the dark brown mud, along with his legs as he was wearing low cut shorts. He shivered a bit, blue eyes scanning the area. He grit his teeth as he pushed through the rough wind. He looked into his cloak, where he was holding his best friend Phoebe. The dark orange feline shivered a bit as she slept. She had a cold sweat running down her face and her cheeks were tinged red from fever. The young man whimpered a bit and kept walking through the rain. His senses had picked up human activity nearby, and he was trying his hardest to reach the small settlement.

He had been wandering since way before the storm had picked up, and it was only a light rain several hours ago. He had been trying to reach the nearest town, so that his friend could get medical attention. He had run out of medicine and healing potions and was running out of options. This small village was the only thing that was holding their fate, whether she lived or died, it would be up to him. The wind blew again, making him fall back into the mud. He cried in anger and stood up, his cloak whipping behind him, only being tied around his neck by a single lace. He reached behind him and pulled his hood back over his head, covering his dark blue hair from the rain. His reptilian eyes scanned the area for enemies and luckily there were none.

He made his way down the muddy hill, getting that much closer to the settlement. He reflected back on how he had gotten to this point. It had started back when he was smaller, around the age of Six. He had been trained in a lost art, by his parent Atlas Flame. He was one of the few humans that lived in his home, named promptly as the Sun Village. Even now, their crest was proudly on his shoulder, displaying his loyalties to his tribe, well family since they were all giants. Atlas Flame was a Hellfire Dragon, one that granted him the use of his magic, though for some reason his had turned into a rare blue fire. He was proud of his son and when he was old enough, he was sent on his life changing journey. He had grown a lot in Seven years and made his way to the West part of Fiore, on foot no less. Somewhere along the way, he found a weird egg, which hatched into his partner and best friend Phoebe. He had been alone for so long, and taking care of her until she was old enough to fly on her own was what made his life a bit better. Losing her was not an option, which is why he would walk across this storm, even if he got pneumonia from it.

A Forest Vulcan burst from the forest, looking rather angry. The large monkey was soaked to the bone. His eyes were set on the long teenage boy, a smirk on his face.

"Human, give me cloak." he demanded. The young boy took a step back, fear clear in his eyes. While normally, a single Vulcan wasn't an issue, during a storm was another story. Especially in his weakened state and with his sick friend, he couldn't afford to waste his remaining magic power, not not. He grit his teeth and broke into a sprint, running past the monkey, who gave chase.

"Damn it. Not now." he muttered, gritting his teeth as the fat rain droplets hit his face. His eyes stung a bit, and his hair was blocking his eyes.

The Vulcan threw a punch at him, catching him in the side. He screamed in pain and slammed into a tree. He felt his arm snap from the hit, making him howl in pain. He dropped to the ground, still clutching Phoebe in his arm. His cheek was bleeding and his eye was closed. The monkey clapped its giant hands, cheering for the successful attack. The boy struggled to stand, his leg was hurt from the impact as well, but not enough to stop him permanently. He stood in front of the Vulcan, eyes filled with anger.