1

I don't want to let this go, I don't wanna lose control

Courtney had pep talked me up for this day, telling me that the worse thing that could happen would be you telling me no. 

I had a very screwed up tie on, the one that you kept telling me looked liked it had lost a fight and this was it's dying moments. Olivia even made comments about how it looked like it had almost lost all color. 

There we were, this brilliant scientist talking to me about things I couldn't even manage to wrap my mind around. It was like you were saying one thing, and it popped up as a computer error in my mind. 

"You seem off."

"More than usual, Uhas?"

"Very much so. I was expecting you to call me your dork" You grabbed my hand and said, "Shayne, don't make me drag the truth out of you."

I gulp. 

I get down on one knee and get the ring box out.

"Shayne... You better be serious right now. We didn't plan to do that fake engagement thing!"

"Nicholas Alexandar Uhas, this is very serious. I could listen to you talk about elements and science facts all day."

"Holy shit-"

"You take away my breath each and every time. You cause the fluffy feeling of dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin that gave me paranoia about you not returning my feelings. You are the perfect dose of those hormones. I am forever hooked." I take a deep inhale "So will you please do me the favor of becoming Nick Topp?"

"The fact you remembered all those hormones shocks me."

"So?"

"Yes. I'll marry you, Shayne."

My lips crash onto yours like I'm reminding myself that you exist.

Well, you did at that moment.

We pull away and for a moment there's silence like we were gathering up what happened. 

And it starts.

The cries of confused civilians from outside ring and we run out to the terrace. The millions of people in these L.A. streets fade into dust. It was like they were returning to the stars. I slowly turn to you. Something in my brain figures you will know what's happening.

I wish that it was a lie, what happened that night. That instead, we stood on the terrace, fearing the universe.

But you were like them.

"Shayne. I lov-"

You don't get to finish. There I am crashing to my knees, gripping to this dust that you left me with.

I just want to see the stars with you