If Only

It's been 5 years...

Since the last time we met,

When he decided to step out after that moment happened,

And we're no longer home to each other.

This is a short story of me and (my best friend) Brian.

My best girl keep saying that tonight will be the night, that I might find the Mr. Right or maybe just getting laid for a night. Yeah sure, its impossible to find the right guy in a club, you don't say.

But funny how that night there's no cute guy that I wish I could take home with but I saw him instead.

Heck, I don't even take a sip but I keep seeing a guy that I wish I never meet again.

Ah maybe because there's too much smoke from the cigs in the club, so I hallucinate?

Stupid me, I stare at him for 10 seconds good.

And he notice me.

I ran to the exit.

"Hey! Kitty!"

I keep push the crowd around me well I'm sorry but I need to get thru to the exit sign. I suddenly just can't breathe when he called that name. That old name.

Right when I managed to breathe some fresh air,

That's when I felt a familiar hand touch my shoulder.

"It's you. Kitty."

"Brian."

"What are you doing here? I don't remember that you're into a club-thing."

"People change?"

"But you and club are not meant for each other."

"You're not my mom."

"I'm saying this because I'm your fri--

"You're not."

I cut him. Right before he say that bullshit word.

"We're no longer know each other, Bri. I'm not the same girl that you used to know back in high school. You left me...in the dark... just like that, 5 years ago, remember?"

The bitter of the past is no longer eating me alive but it still there. The time keep ticking, loud music stil blasting from the inside and he just standing there, not looking at me, on the wall.

"Are you happy with your life, Bri?"

"I'm... happy."

I took out a cig from the purse, I smiled at him before I lit it and puff out a smoke into the air. Letting the nicotine creeping into my lungs like always.

Inhale, exhale.

"You smoke."

"The obvious."

"Since when?"

"5 years ago?"

"Why?"

"People change?"

"Explain, Kitty."

"Why do I have to?"