Sinja- Avoiding Work

It was no secret. Sinbad hated doing paperwork. Ja'far got angry when he didn't, though, so he had to come up with increasingly creative ways of avoiding his problem. Unfortunately, sneaking out only got him a good Balalark Sei and more paperwork than he started with. Ja'far was everywhere at once, it seemed. He had to say things like I saw a hurt puppy, I must go save it! but it never worked. All that excuse ever got him was a skeptical where, a roll of the eyes when he didn't respond, and nothing more.

He had one talent that mattered right now, one talent that would help him. Maybe. It could also get him electrocuted, but it was better than all this work. The only plan he had left was flirting. He was going to flirt with his best friend, his right hand man. It wasn't like he was lying, he really did like Ja'far in that way. He wasn't planning on acting on it, sure, but that doesn't mean that he didn't want to.

He could picture it; he'd say something suave, and Ja'far would swoon and banish their work in favor of way more exciting things. The only problem is the fact that Ja'far is a boy, but that is an easily ignorable thing. It wasn't like Sinbad had spent nights lying awake and questioning everything he ever knew about himself because of it. Not like he'd tried to drown himself in women to get his mind off of the boy who'd stolen is heart. Not at all.

So when Ja'far made him do paperwork, he shakily smirked, "But you're too pretty to be doing paperwork." For a terrifying second, his eyes widen, and Sinbad is sure he's ruined their friendship with his endless flirting

Then, Ja'far turns red, and for a moment, Sinbad thinks he's going to get out of it. Instead of that perfect scenario, Ja'far sputters, "J-Just do your work, Sin!" It was a... reaction. Not a bad one, but not necessarily a good one. Sinbad decided that he wouldn't give up just yet.

As they were doing work, Sin pouts, "I can't do work when you're doing that."

"...Sin, I'm literally working. How could I possibly be distracting you?" Ja'far asked, eyes catching the sun and shining a thousand little beams of green and gray at him. They were almost glowing in this lighting. It was mesmerizing, how it reminded him of a meadow with the rising moon behind it, the kind of thing you could get lost in.

Those eyes, they made him unnaturally happy, because they themselves looked happy. They weren't the same unsure, hopeless ones of the past. They were bright and happy and good, and this alone meant the world to Sin. Even if the world was burning around him, he'd been the one to pull Ja'far out of that world he used to be in.

"Because, Ja'far, you're painfully beautiful when you focus. You're so much smarter than I am. Why not focus on me?"

Ja'far's face turned that color again, and he scoffed weakly, "You just want to get out of your work." He wasn't necessarily wrong, but there was something much more that he strove for in these acts.

Sinbad whines, "That's not true!" After a moment of consideration and a severe lack of self-preservation skills, he leans back, "How can I do paperwork when I'd rather do you?" It was almost satisfying to watch the poor man break. His meadowbrook eyes widened a fraction and he pulled in a sharp breath before those eyes fell to his king's lips.

Ja'far grabbed him by the shirt, and pressed their lips together in a fiery confession, a fitting end to years of hope and awkward glances. Sinbad cursed himself- he'd frozen up for the first time in his life, utterly unable to respond. This amazing, beautiful man was really kissing him and he was sitting there like a complete fool.

He felt the kiss lose its heat, and Ja'far's perfect, mind shatteringly amazing lips began to pull away from Sinbad's own. Somehow, the thought of this ending was too much for him, and he moved his hand to the back of Ja'far's head to press him back into this amazing thing that was happening.

They were both melting in it, melting and burning and finally, after all this time, melting and burning together.  All too soon, their air ran short, and they had to pull back. Ja'far pants, "You- you shouldn't say things like that."

Sin smirked, finally feeling his confidence come back. "Oh? But it got you to kiss me. I was beginning to worry that my charm had found an unswoonable target. Instead, I find that there is no unswoonable target." He sent a grin to his Ja'far.

The fact that he could even think that he was his Ja'far made him want to grin even bigger. How on Earth had he gotten so lucky? This man, this beautifully flawless man had fallen for him.

Ja'far rolled his eyes fondly, "I can't believe I'm feeding into your ego." But still, he pecks Sin's lips once again before pulling away just slightly. Sinbad knows what he must do. He grabs Ja'far bridal style, narrowly avoiding getting hit from all the squirming. "Sin! Let me down! Sin!" He tries to sound stern, but he breaks off into happy giggles. 

The action is so sweet, so precious that Sinbad physically stops moving for a moment. Ja'far rarely ever laughs, and here he is giggling like he's the happiest man alive. Surely, he can't be, because Sin has already taken that title.

He smiled and twirled, "What? This is so much better than sitting in that stuffy office."

Ja'far screeches, "Sin!" He grabs onto the older man's neck, trying to decide whether or not to get up. When he looks at Sinbad's face, he decides that he'd endure any amount of this twirling if it would keep that look on his face forever.  He was looking at him like a starving man would look at food. It was heart stopping, and Ja'far couldn't get enough. Ja'far pulls himself up to kiss Sin, and before he knows it, they're hit the ground in a crumbled heap.

After a moment, he asks, "Sin?"

"Yeah, Ja'far?" He looked to Jafar- his Ja'far.

"You know you still have to do your work, right?"

I'm actually really proud of how this turned out! It's not very long, but it's cute. Word count: 1088