It Was Too Late (One Shot) (KathNiel Fanfic)

Kathryn's POV

I'm here at our school today, and I'm currently entering our school's entrance gate.

But I thought it was a good morning, but not until the moment I saw him, with a girl who's not familiar to me.

One thing's for sure though, this is the new girl who owns his heart. The new girl who's the reason behind his huge smile. The new girl, whom he loves...so much.

When I saw them, I felt a sudden pang of pain. It hurts. It really hurts. It hurts really bad. It breaks my heart into pieces. I can not only emotionally feel the pain, but physically, as well.

Those things that he's doing to that girl? He used to do that to me when we were still together. When he's still mine and I'm still his.

And suddenly, our eyes met that I hurriedly looked away.

I don't want him to see the pain in my eyes. I don't want him to look through my soul.

I'm trying so hard to hide the pain that I am feeling right now, but I suck at it. I suck at concealing what I feel.

And because I can't stand them doing something not good in my eyes, especially in my heart. I already went to our classroom.

*sigh*

And again, I felt my chest tighten... And it felt like it's being crushed. It's both literally and not.

It's just, painful. And the pain is unbearable.

"Are you good, Kath?" one of my classmates asked.

"Yes, ofcourse I'm good. Why wouldn't I be?" I said and faked a laugh. I'm sure as hell that, that laugh is so fake it contradicts what I said.

So I just get my medicine inside my bag and took it.

Few hours later, our class got already dismissed. And because of having too much school works to do, I planned to go to a coffee shop to have hangout for a while and also to just chill and refresh my mind.

This day just makes me extra stressed and depressed. Well, maybe not the day, but—ugh nevermind.

As soon as I arrived at the coffee shop, I saw lots of familiar faces. Some were my friends and acquaintances, while some are just familiar to me.

"I hope you're doing good, Kath. We all heard what happened." Tyra said, one of the girls in school who knows what's happening around the campus. She got lots of different circle of friends, it won't suprise me anymore.

"Of course I'm good. I actually went here to hangout and chill." I told her.

"Really? You wanna come and join with us? You can sit with us!" Tyra happily said.

"Thank you. I really appreciate the invite but I'd prefer to chill alone. Hmm, next time maybe?" I said.

"Oh it's okay. Bye, then!" She said and went to her friends, while i went to the powder room first to fix myself and pamper up.

My face is so haggard, messy and in dissary because of how stressful this semester is.

So, I went to the CR. But I suddenly froze as something caught my eyes. I saw them kissing passionately. They're kissing with full of love. It was not gross at all. Anyone that could see them would think that these two do really genuinely love each other.

And it's so painful. It hurts my eyes—my heart.

I tried to take my eyes off of them. But my eyes and my entire body remained froze. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe.