hardworking » 2seok

little!hoseok (mental age 3)//caregiver!seokjin

thank you for this - very unique - request TheFabulousToffifee :)

~*~

"...And they all lived happily ever after," Hoseok concluded, looking up from the book he was reading to his three beautiful children to see their eyes slowly lidding.

Smiling, Hoseok stood up, closing the book and placing it on the nightstand quietly as to not wake them. It was Hoseok's turn to do storytime today, as it was Seokjin's turn to do bath time. The two liked to alternate in their childcare duties such as cooking, reading, bathing and the school run. And both men were pretty darn good at it.

"Goodnight, sweeties," Hoseok whispered, kissing each of them on the forehead before turning around to see Seokjin standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe to the bedroom with his arms folded.

Closing the door as silently as possible behind him, Hoseok beamed brightly at his husband, who raised a hand to stroke Hoseok's orange hair.

"You're literally the best father ever," Seokjin whispered, hand snaking down to cup the side of Hoseok's face lovingly. It took everything in Hoseok not to purr like a kitten.

"Says you," Hoseok replied quietly, still smiling. (When was Hoseok not smiling?) "You have to be Daddy and Daddy."

Seokjin's face lit up in realisation as he let go of Hoseok's face and instead opted for grabbing ahold of the younger male's hands in his own calloused ones.

"You just reminded me," Seokjin leaned up to kiss Hoseok on the cheek before tugging him to their bedroom. "Close your eyes."

Hoseok did as he was instructed to, closing his eyes and letting his grip on Seokjin's hands tighten as his sense of sight became temporarily disabled.

When Seokjin stopped walking, Hoseok almost walked into the back of him, causing the older male to chuckle. "Open."

Hoseok opened his eyes to see a brand new orange dragon onesie laid out perfectly for him on the bed, a new set of dummies and a new penguin stuffie resting beside the item of clothing.

"You like them, baby?" Seokjin asked, squeezing Hoseok's hand, and the other man nodded feebly, "What's wrong, buttercup?"

"I- I need help," Hoseok admitted quietly, and Seokjin felt the smile growing on his face.

"Come on, baby boy - let's get you dressed," he prompted, helping Hoseok change out of his work clothes and slip into the onesie. "Comfortable, prince?"

Hoseok nodded less stiffly, signifying that he was beginning to slip more freely.

"Which dummy do you want, love? There's a bunny one or a unicorn one," Seokjin asked, picking up the two dummies from the bed and showing them to Hoseok.

"Hmmmm, unicorn!" Hoseok exclaimed, and Seokjin reached up to ruffle his hair. "Please, Daddy!"

"Lovely manners, baby," Seokjin praised, opening the dummy set and holding the unicorn one up to Hoseok. "Open up."

Hoseok opened his mouth to accept the dummy and sucked happily around the comfort item.

"That's a good boy, Hobi," Seokjin kissed Hoseok's cheek, causing the younger male to giggle. "Come on, honey, let's cuddle."

~*~

this ship deserves more love tbh