prologue; first sighting

A/N: the pic above is of Lilith in her demon form! Enjoy the story!

The poor soul who decided to visit Road 6 at night.

The poor soul who didn't know any better.

The demon, Lilith, the one who can paralyse you with a single stare. The new 'trend'.

The demon, Lilith, lay in the middle of the road, hiding her red eyes with her hoodie.

"Hey! What happened?!" A young girl, about fourteen ran up to Lilith.

Lilith only smiled, grabbing the girl and pulling herself up.

"How about we play a little game?"

The girl screamed, but no sound came out.

"Hm.. I'm the seeker, you're the hider," Lilith took the hood off of her head, revealing her red eyes.

The girl ran off, tears streaming down her face as she tried to escape.

"Ten, nine, eight.."

"Seven, six, five.."

"Four, three.."

"Two.."

"One."

Lilith smirked to herself and disappeared into the night.

*~*

Sighing heavily, I pulled my hood down over my eyes. Apparently I'm a stupid 'trend'. What the hell? People should be scared of me.

Slowly but surely, my hair turned from a snowy white colour to a light crimson, my eyes from red to a hazel and my hoodie to a dark maroon red.

Time to show the humans who's boss around here.

And with that, I smirked to myself and took off into the daylight to begin my journey.

About twelve hours later I had reached a big building. There was a grey sign a few millimetres from the entrance that read 'Blackhill Orphanage'.

So this is where I'll be staying.

Cracks and peeling black paint decorated the outside of the 'orphanage'.

It looked very old.

I took in a deep breath and pushed open the door.

"Hello, how may I help you?" A bored voice came from the front desk.

"I'm lost, and I was abandoned by my parents," my voice was so whiny and high pitched in my human form, and I cringed at the sound of it.

"Is that so? Well, I guess you can stay here."

No pity in her voice. She's bored and uninterested. Bad at her job.

"Thank you miss!"

"Whatever. Get upstairs and pick a room."

Rude. Ignorant. Perhaps abusive.

Running up the stairs, I pulled my hood further down over my now hazel eyes.

"Hey, are you new here?"

Crap. I've been spotted.

"I asked you a question."

"Yes, I'm new here," I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"What's your name?"

I turned around slowly, meeting the girl's eyes. She was strange. Strange as in black hair with red and purple streaks in it. She had hazel eyes like mine, but they were twinkling, unlike mine.

"Lillian."

"Pretty name! I'm Isabel!" The girl grinned happily, yet I could see through the fake happiness.

Not happy at all. Depressed. Maybe abused. Beaten. Raped.

"Isabel. Meaning pledged to God. Are your parents Christian, perhaps?"

Oh no.. I let another analysation slip.

"I think they were.. you're pretty weird, you know that?"

"I suppose so," I shrugged, my fiery red hair bouncing on my shoulders.

"Welcome to Blackhill. Don't expect any mercy."

This will be interesting.

I nodded.

•~•

A/N: 530 words, not counting the notes. Thank you for reading the first chapter!