Chapter 1: Happy Birthday

I bolted up on my bed as I heard a loud, "BOOM!" At first I wondered what it was, then I thought, "It was probably just my dad's bedroom door." I roll over on my bed to see that my alarm clock didn't go off, and that I have woken up 20 minutes late! "Shoot! I'm gonna be late for my first day of school," I think as I jump out of the bed and start putting on the clothes that I had prepared for myself that night.

     Once I have all of my clothes on, I grab my backpack, go downstairs, and make my breakfast. Once finished I make my way towards the bus stop outside so I can go for my first day of my Sophomore year. Honestly I kind of enjoy riding the bus because you have a little bit of time to think, cram homework, or even just talk to my best friend Trey.

      I finally get on the bus when it arrives and I am almost immediatley greeted by Trey. "Hey Trey!", I said excited to see him agian.

     Trey says loudly as they do their handshake, "How're you doing?! How was your summer bro?!"

     I respond, "Oh it was good and I'm doing good too. How was your summer?"

     "Not as good as I would've liked it to be. But it was fine,", he says as he looked down. "So, I know that your birthday is tommorow... and I have prepared for you the best birthday present ever! You're gonna love it."

     I think for a moment then say, "When are you going to give it to me?"

     He replies, "This weekend."

     I make sure to grunt loudly so he hears me. The rest of the bus ride was pretty quite. Neither of us wanted to talk much.

     The rest of the school day was pretty boring and I didn't pay too much attention in any of my classes because it was just the first day but at the end of the day I got back on the bus and didn't sit by Trey. For some reason I was really tired after the day so I just sat there and waited until I got home.

      The next morning I was woken up by my mom, sister, and dad. "Happy Birthday!", they all say in unison. That morning I was treated to a birthday breakfast. Other than that there was nothing else very special about that day except for all of the Happy Birthday's that I received.

     After that day the rest of the week went by fast because I was anxious to

see the present.

     So on Saturday I went to Trey's house. He greet's me at the door, "Hey come inside I have your present in the basement. I bet your on the edge of your seat huh?"

     "Why would I not be?", I say sarcastically.

     Then we walk into the basement and I am absolutley blown away. I don't know what to say to him. This is the best birthday present ever. I know that anything that I ever get after this will never compared. I even realize that my mouth is hanging open and quickly close it.

      Trey says with lots of pride, "There it is!"