Mutsuki

MUTSUKI

A man with two toned hair walked up to us, ignoring our hospital gowns and messy hair. He had grey sparkling eyes and a youthful smile. Suddenly, he did a full 90 degree bow and introduced himself to us. "First Class Investigator Sasaki Haise! I'll be your mentor for the coming years. I'm very pleased to meet you and I hope we can all get along!"

Mutsuki remembered him from the academy. Mr. Sasaki taught them all how to handle a Quinque and how to hold themselves in battle. He was quite a respected individual and Mutsuki suddenly found himself more optimistic for the Quinx squad than ever before.

Before he knew it, Urie, Saiko and Shirazu had introduced themselves and Haise was proclaiming he was going to treat them to dinner, of all things.

Everyone gave a restaurant recommendation and eventually they settled on a small Korean bbq. The scent wafting from it attracted many people, and they were lucky to get a table.

When they arrived at the restaurant, they all ordered a meal except for Haise. When questioned about it, he just waved his hand and apologised for eating beforehand. Mutsuki treated himself to a small portion of bibimbap while Shirazu and Saiko wasted no time for digging into their new mentor's paycheck with piles of japchae and bulgogi. Urie ordered a side dish of kimchi and some water and Haise ordered a coffee.

When the food finally arrived, everyone didn't hesitate in enjoying their meal, even the usually shy Mutsuki. Saiko was enthusiastically spilling of her interests to Haise, who thankfully didn't seem bothered by her eagerness in the slightest. (Unlike Urie, who looked like he was holding himself back from slapping her into oblivion.)

"Mr. Sasaki, thank you for this meal!"

"Thanks!"

"...(Thanks.)"

"Yeah this was amazing~!"

"Oh please, call me Haise!"