Prologue

Author Note: In case you did not read the entire description of the story, this story is old. You could probably guess by the title. The protagonist of the story was my first OC and I wrote this particular story 2-3 years ago. I decided to stop writing this series for now while I work on my writing.

I will continue to work on the books that come after this in the future after I re-write and retcon this story. I can't promise a time that will happen but I hope you will enjoy my cringey first story. It is a bit over 40 thousand words so it is pretty short for a fantasy story.

Also, fun fact, this story is in the same universe as dreamer. The main character ends up on a different planet than the dreamer MC and they will never meet. At least not for a very long time if they ever do. This story takes place roughly 30-40 years after the events of dreamer.

This story does touch on what happens to the earth 30-40 years after dreamer because it is important to the plot, but it is not a huge spoiler or anything for dreamer. Also, the main character has my name because he was my first OC. Don't judge me. Anyway, enjoy and don't be too harsh.

PS: The book cover is actually my OC a bit after this book drawn by an old friend of mine I have since lost contact with. I will link to their deviantart if I ever find the picture on there again.

In the beginning just around when humans started living in towns there lived a race of gods. These gods lived detached from the humans, watching them from afar to determine if they were worthy of being contacted. Zalten was the name of the man who led the gods as a kind of king. Zalten was not the same as all the other gods, he despised humans. He saw them as nothing other than lower life forms who served no purpose.

Zaltens view on humans was not the only thing different from the other gods; he had incredible powers no other member of his race seemed to possess. With these powers he had the ability to seemingly make his own isolated universes. This power is what earned him his status as he is the one who made the home of the gods. The place where they lived was almost the same as earth except for a few quirks that appeared due to it being a different universe.

The gods were free to travel between the universes via a portal Zalten made. Some gods chose to wander about the earth as they pleased while others chose to go near civilizations and either try to help or hinder the humans. While Zalten hated the humans' existence even he sometimes made the voyage down to earth to watch the humans. These occasional voyages are how Zalten found his future wife in 1700AD.

While in his mind humans were about on the same level as insects this woman's beauty caught his eye to such an extent that he decided he wanted to marry her, and marry her is exactly what he did. After that he was convinced that there was nothing else he could possibly gain from interaction with humans and he closed off all gods within his realm to never interact with humans again.