『Midnight Craving』

You made a light groan in your throat as you woke up by a good smell that flew into your nostrils. You rubbed your eyes and sat up, sniffing the appetizing scent. Someone is cooking, you thought. "It's midnight, who the hell is cooking?" You muttered to yourself. Still feeling sleepy, a yawn escaped from your lips. You send down your feet from your bed to wear your sandals. The midnight air was cold, so was the wooden floor. You fetch your cardigan that hung on a tall hanger and wear it. You slowly open the door and take a little sneak peek outside. The upstairs hallway was quiet and dark, and it seems everyone in the Polar Star dormitory is still asleep. Well, besides whoever was cooking downstairs, you were the only person who woke up by that tantalizing smell.

You quietly headed downstairs, making caution and slow moves. Your eyes are still drowsy and the midnight cold air strikes you in the skin. Your head isn't supporting at all and it only made you feel worse. When you almost reached downstairs, there you saw - the only place downstairs with the lights on, the dorm's kitchen. You headed towards it and peeked to see who was cooking at this ungodly hour. But the person was quick to recognize. "Who's there?" A familiar voice came from the kitchen. "Isshiki?" You said and decided to show your presence towards the hazel hair boy. "Oh, (Y/N)-chan..." He said with a smile and a relieved look on his face. "Did I wake you up by my cooking?" "What are you doing cooking in the middle of the night?" You said, trying not to yell at him and keeping your eyebrows cool. "If grandma Fumio knows you're cooking you'll be in trouble." He laughed. "I can assure you that grandma Fumio knows nothing of this. Haven't you know I've been doing this for about a week or more?" He averted his gaze at you and one of his eyebrows cocked upwards a little.

"A week?!" You yelped and quickly closed your mouth because you realized you were too loud. "I guess you don't know." He turned his gaze for a moment to saute his cooking. "It's not good for your health you know ..." You reminded him, feeling worried for the boy. How come you didn't know? If he had been cooking repeatedly in the middle of the night, how come you haven't noticed? You could've woke up a few days - no, midnight-s ago. Maybe you've been tired from the past few days from school and it's hell, so drowsiness conquered you. But it's the weekend and you weren't that too tired, perhaps that's why you could regain back your senses.

Suddenly, you got chills from the cold midnight air. You try to warm yourself up, but you were only wearing a pajama and the cardigan is not much of a help either. You focused your gaze on Isshiki, who apparently has gone back to focus on his cooking. You thought, how baffling he was for being able to stand the cold air despite being half naked right in front of you. You weren't sure if you were directly staring at his delicate ass or his delicate ass is staring at you. "That ass..." You muttered under your breath. "Sorry?" Isshiki asked, looking at you with a frown on his face.

 Your face flushed and shook. "No, I d-didn't say anything." "I thought I heard you say something." "Isshiki..." You called him after a few seconds of silence, and he replied with a light 'hm'. "Don't you think it's a bit cold?" You try not to stutter. "How can you survive that long-wearing nothing but an apron?" Isshiki laughed lightly. "Well, I'm already used to it. Besides, it feels cool." "Seriously? Cool?" You gave him a flat face. "Don't worry, (Y/N), I've cooked food that'll be able to warm us up!" He stated with and looked at you with his forever-sweet-cheery smile. "You've cooked for two?" You said. "Well, I happen to cook a little too much, it's enough for two people." He answered.

Because of him, you also begin to crave midnight food. While waiting for him to finish garnishing the foods, you played with your fingers as you lay down on a couch in the dorm's living room. "Food's coming!" Isshiki called out as he walked into the living room. He brought over two plates and placed them on the table. You immediately sat up and leaned over to see it. The foods' scent infiltrated the cold night air, somehow warming up the living room and yourself. Just sniffing the thin smoke that floated up comforted your mind and it makes your tongue drool. "Ooohhh it's pepper mackerel with a purée garnish. Too fascinating for a midnight craving." You complimented. "This won't make me fat right?" Isshiki put on a frown smile. "Well, it's fish..." You began to feel uneasy with his facial expression. "Anyway~ let's not let the food get cold." Isshiki said and you both started to eat.

It didn't even take half an hour to finish the food, because every time you chew and swallow, you get hungrier and want more. You let out a sigh of delight and rubbed your stomach, indicating that you're full. "That was so delicious ..." You mumbled while closing your eyes, licking your lips trying to bring back the flavor in your tongue. His cooking is too good honestly. Suddenly, Isshiki got up from his seat and said. "I have something to show you (y/n)-chan. Wait here." He walked back to the kitchen to fetch "that something". Your eyebrows furrowed thinking what he'll be showing to you later. 'A love letter? Nah, that's impossible. Must be food.' You thought.

It didn't take long enough and he appeared, coming back with a plate of "that something". Isshiki placed it down and your eyes widened when you saw it was a... "CHEESECAKE?!" You almost yelled. Oh, your-so-favorite food. You noticed something on it. At the top layer of the beautiful slice of cake, were words written with a red sauce in which you guessed it must be strawberry sauce. What you saw was too true. You feel like fainting, your heart beats faster every passing second and you could feel your cheeks exploding. This was all too true you didn't expect it. The words were, "Sweet as this cake, you also left a taste in my heart." "Oh my, is this suppose to be a confession?" You asked him, feeling really bewildered.

Isshiki smiled shyly while nervously rubbing the back of his head. "Y-yeah ..." He stuttered. Silence took over you two. You were too shocked to speak any words, and Isshiki was too shy to do anything. "I like you (Y/N)-chan." He confessed and his cheeks are the color of cherries. You turned to glance at him, locking eyes with the light brown-haired male. Feeling very happy that he has mutual feelings as you, you couldn't help but smile. "I like you too, Isshiki-kun ..." You replied and kissed his cheek, where when you did that, his pulse failed to slow. "Say Isshiki-kun, with all this food," you continue, "are you trying to make me fat?" Isshiki waved his hands rapidly. "No, no! I never had any intention of making you fat." He rubbed his cheek with one finger. "Not like I care if you gained weight anyway." You gave him a serious death glare. "Oh, do not glare so." He reached out his hand to pinch your cheek. "You're perfect just the way you are (Y/N)-chan~"

Your cheeks immediately turned color into a bright pink tint, failed at holding all the embarrassment, you punched him in the arm and he let out an "Ow." But you did not hesitate to eat the cheesecake and began gulping them down. After washing the dishes together, you both decided to settle down in the living room for the meantime, but in the end, you lose track of time and sleep together on the sofa, leaning your head on his shoulder while he's on your head.

 After washing the dishes together, you both decided to settle down in the living room for the meantime, but in the end, you lose track of time and sleep together on the sofa, leaning your head on his shoulder while he's on your head

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐈𝐬𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🎉