Chapter 1: Old Dreams Fresh Start

It was Helen's sixth birthday when she received her first telescope from her caregivers, Greta, Linda, Nancy, and Bertha on March sixteenth, nineteen nine. She was secretly appalled by the gift, but she knew that they were trying. Despite the fact that they were nowhere near her age nor were they her real family, they made a nice domestic place for her. So, she forcefully mustered a smile on her face for them so they wouldn't feel disappointed.

"I knew she would love it!" said Linda confidently while in her wheelchair next to Nancy who was standing.

"Greta thinks she knows her more than we do, but we proved her wrong!" barked Nancy chidingly while waving her cane towards Greta who was sitting in a rocking chair.

"Don't do this again. Helen is trying to enjoy herself with the gift you girls have given her," said Greta who was rocking slowly to and fro in her rocking chair.

"Linda and Nancy, stop disputing like children and behave like adults," Bertha said irritably from the kitchen. "Is anyone else feeling a tad peckish, or do I have to cook clam chowder for me, Greta, and Helen again?"

"You and I didn't give her our gifts yet Bertha," said Greta.

"Oops! I almost forgot! Helen's gift is on the table."

Helen walked out of the living room slash her room and into the dining room for the next gift. All of them lived in a small flat was on the ground floor, that had four rooms, three bathrooms, a huge window with a lovely view of their land and the big city In the distance, a small kitchen, and tons of old or vintage things inside their home. On the table was sixty gold coin pieces.

"You know yourself best, so get yourself something nice."

"My turn Helen." Said Greta with a wide smile on her face. The gift was inside a box that was gift wrapped with a silver bow hugging it. She mutilated the gift wrap and the box and it revealed something that amazed her eyes. It was an aviator model, the actual vehicle can move on land, water, and air. It was a brand new model with fresh red paint with a white stripe detail, little shiny moving black tyres with red inner lining, and four handmade figures inside it.

"Thank you so much, mama Greta!" Helen said ecstatically.

"Use the telescope to finally look at the giant ball on the Krowlof tower sweetie!" Said Greta to show that Nancy and Linda's gift would not be discarded so easily.

Helen ran back to the living room and deliberately put the telescope together and installed it on the windowsill towards the big city. She saw everything outside the window. She saw the tall glittering green grass around the house, she saw the Joe Ming train station that can take her almost anywhere she wanted to go, she saw Krowlof city skyscrapers and small buildings, and at last, she saw the Krowlof tower in the centre of the city. The skyscrapers were tall but none of them matched how tall the Krowlof tower was. It can almost touch the great heavens above. It was a beautiful sight for one's eyes to see. The glass on the building were shimmering stars and the ball was the sun above them. She saw little specks speeding across the ball, so she had to concentrate the lenses of the telescope so she can see the specs on the ball better. They were aviators, in different shapes, sizes, and colours, all zooming around the ball. Her eyes were glued to the telescope when she saw them. She knew every aviator that was out there, except for one. And it looked exactly like the model she had. It must be one of the newer models. She thought. That aviator was the fastest one too. Nothing could surpass it. Then she looked at the model and realized that it must have been very expensive for Greta to buy because it was new to the market. She stared at Greta in surprise but Greta was still smiling.

"On your twenty-first birthday, I will save up more my money to get you that Sheplord three sixty-five. But, you have to be good and get good grades okay?"