Fall for you

Rose's P.O.V

Your a confusing type of beautiful. Your eyes exchange love with mine and your smile exchanges lies with your heart. But that's why I love you, your so understandably confusing. Our story is the same, except no matter how many times they read it they will never understand the complex loss of love that we're gaining....

I was mad. I knew everything except you. I knew what made you tick, I knew what made u smile, I knew everything from your darkest secret to your happiest moment...... But I didn't know you.

"Toby, what is this?" I asked pointing to the picture of scars that explained the tears streaked face above.

"Nothing" he answered in a rushed tone, barely glancing at the screen. I held the phone like it held all mysteries to his ever changing eyes. The reason behind the smile, the reason for the tears, the reason for... Him. I could tell I would have to pull the mystery out of his eyes.

I begged for the answer, convincing myself this was what kept him so hidden. Then.... he spoke.

"Yes. I did it.... -but not anymore!" He answered, refusing to have contact with my eyes.

I was stunned by his new profound truth he had shared with me. I was relieved that he had told me because it was important to him and it was important to me because it was part of him. I had decided that when I loved I would love the whole, not the part. I convinced myself, the secret he had revealed had been all- Had been the biggest secret. I was wrong. Would false fire be the only thing ever placed my heart? I always thought he was stronger than the lies that slipped away from me in tears.