Best friend to best lovers (Reita Gazette - oneshot)

"reitiee!" i called my best friend across his bedroom.

He showed up and gave me a bright smile with a wave. I smiled back and motioned him to come down and meet me. We were the best of friends since high school when i got transferred to a college. He was the first one to approach me when i had the hardest first day ever being so clumsy with eveything. Our lockers were beside each other and mostly in same class. I was glad i met him, he was the one to defend me whenever there would be someone would try to bully me.

I went down and he was surrounding the front street in his roller blades. I fit mine and hurried towards him making me crash to him. He held me before we even trip from one another and laughed.

"youre in my way!" i playfully pushed him.

"wait up!" he tried to catch up and he successfully did. He was the one who taight me to roller skate qnd he was pretty good at it.

"hey! are you going to ash's party later?" i asked him while gliding on the stret.

"hell yeah am coming if you are!"

"sure! lets go together!" i said happily.

We spend the rest of the day having fun at the park and eating our ice cream. It was like this almost every weekend or if we feel like it, we would drive to the beach and go swim. It was always so fun whenever im with him. Time flies faster when were enjoying doing our usual thing and i always feel that time was very short.

After having fun, we headed to our house. I was getting ready for ashleys party who is also my best friend. clothes were scattered on my bed thinking what should i wear in such a party. An hour had passed and got shower l, fixed my hair and light makeup then picking my choice outfit. It was a red striped mid long sleeve top, denim skirt and my low cut star designed converse. I texted reita and he said that he was ready waiting outside my house.

I went excitedly outside my house and he was really gorgeous. He had his special hairstyle up in spikes, noseband of course, skinny jeans and a white printed shirt. I was stunned for a moment and he laughed closing my mouth. I got embarrassed so i slapped him in his arm.

We were inside the fun packed party and soon i saw ashley holding up some drinks. I waved and she noticed me instantly running to gibe me a bear hug.

"hey babe! Glad you both came! i was worried you wont!"

"is that even possible?!" i laughed with her.

"well, help yourselves and have fun!" she said exiting through the crowd and disappeared. I looked at reita and we went to the living room. Were a bunch of people sat down. I had a feeling that this was trouble for us as we sneaked out but someone caught us up.

"7 minutes in heaven baby! nobody leaves this room!" a guy said pulling both of us back down on the couch. I grunted and hoped that nobody gets to pick me.

It seems to take like forever for people to play this game until i saw reita stood up when a girl giggled and pulled him in the closet. I felt my heart drop seeing them inside the closet and i never felt that towards him. Was i jealous of them? i tried to ignore since reita is my best friend though i felt there is something more than that. Is it what they call love?

For whatever it is, i cant take it anymore and stormed out of the backyard where nobody was around. I swinged myself on the cold night thinking about reita and my growing feelings for him but im afraid he would not be having the same feeling as mine. I was sad.

"hey.." a hand rested on my shoulder anr when i looked up, it was reita.

"what do you want?" i said with acidity on my tone.

"whats wrong? Did someone hurt you?" he was worried and squatted infront of me.

"nothing. just get back to the game reita."

"ohh, i know where this is going. You are jealous arent you?" i didnt speak but he continued. "dont worry nothing happened. Besides i want to give this special kiss to someone i truly love for a really long time."

I looked up and asked "and who that might be?"

"oh, well someone who is smart, loving and very dear to my heart. She is awesome and i love her ever since i met her. she laughs like there is no tomorrow and every moment with her is no time to spare."

I sighed in disappointment and looked down he laughed and lifted my chin with his hand. "do you know who it is?"

"who?" i asked annoyed.

"Its you jasmine. I love you ever since i saved you from getting bullied by those jocks. It didnt matter to me if i was about to get hurt just as ling as i save this wonderful girl in front of me!"

I smiled in amazement as my heart raced. "i-i love you too reita so much than you could ever think."

Now i know what i was feeling and it was the best thing ever. We finally confessed to one another and i was glad we felt the same. He smuled and leaned cloe to me. We were an inch apart from one another until our lips collided.

I felt heat rush up to my face making me red as roses and saw him the same too, though some were covered with his noseband. I laughed and he planted another kiss lifting me from my seat with his arms on my waist and mine on his neck.

"i love you jasmine.. Would you be mine forever?"

I looked at him deeply in the eyes and nodded "yes, i would love to. I love you too reitie!"

We both laughed together as he spun me in his arms and kissed me once more. Now, i felt more in love with him than ever. I never knew that reita and i would end up being lovers after being just best friends. It was thr happiest night ever.

Months had passed and we were still in love with one another. He promised to marry me when we graduate college and i took that promise with a couple ring that reminded us both of our love and promise.