- 1 -

The snow was gently falling, a few flakes hitting the window here and there. My breath fogging up my view ever couple of minutes. There were boxes were scattered across the new bedroom floor. Most of them still filled with stuff, I didn't feel like unpacking though. Why should I? This isn't my room, nor is this my house. This just an empty shell that my parents threw me into. There's nothing welcoming about this place. Pale blue walls with small windows. Even the fuzzy white carpet feels cold to me. I want to go back to Florida where it's warm. I want my old room back and my friends. But here I am, South Park Colorado. I hear my mothers soft voice from the bottom of the steps.
"Come on Craig, I have to take you to school sweetie." She said. I sighed, standing up off the floor. I put on my blue hat over my soft black hair before meeting my mother in the kitchen downstairs. She smiled at me. "It won't be all that bad. I'm sure you'll make plenty of new friends!" I didn't respond. There was positivity in her voice but neither of us wanted to be here. If it weren't for my dad's job we wouldn't even be in this crummy place. Her smile slowly faded, she grabbed the keys and began walking out the door. I followed her out of the house and into the car. The drive was silent, I felt bad for my mom almost. She didn't ask for this either. But I can't help but be bitter at both of them. We pulled into the high schools parking lot, she kissed my forehead and whispered bye. I opened the car door and began walking down the icy sidewalk. I finally reached the front doors, pushing them open and having a blast of heat hit my face. At least I won't freeze all day. I pull out a small piece of paper with my locker number on it. Shit how am I suppose to find this? Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me.

"AH SHIT!" Someone yelled before falling on their face beside me. "Uh are you okay?" I asked. He lifted his face up from the floor, blood dripping from his nose. He got up and brushed himself off. "Jeez must have had some ice stuck on my shoes!  Ah this hur- hey wait a minute, are you new? I don't recognize you." He said.
"Uh yeah I just moved here like a week ago. I'm Craig." I replied, watching the blood run down his shirt.
"Well I'm Clyde, nice to meet you!" "Um Clyde your nose is bleeding"
"Ah shit! No biggie I got some tissues in my locker" He said wiping his nose with his arm. He began to walk away before I stopped him. "Wait! What number is your locker?" I asked.
"114, why?" He gave me a confused look.
"Can I come along? I have no idea where that is but my number is 115." I said. He smiled; "Sure thing, follow me." We walked down the busy hall for what felt like forever before reaching the teal metal lockers. I unlocked mine while Clyde obnoxiously blew his nose. I had a NASA poster in my backpack that I taped on the inside part of the door. Not to mention a few band stickers here a there. I shoved some other things in there before slamming the door shut. The bell rang meaning it was time for class. Me and the Clyde kid headed our separated ways, but I had a feeling I'd run into him again. 

(Chapter 2 coming soon)