Prologue

10 years ago | June

          "Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, Baker's man! Bake me a cake, as fast as you can. Pat it and prick it, and mark it with 'T', bake it in the oven, for baby and me." a little girl sang in the lakeshore inside of the woods her parents forbid her from going to. She sang with a little baby toy on her left small frail hand while laid on her right hand is a plate with a slice of cake.

          The little girl with long braided hair continued singing the same nursery rhyme for a couple of minutes. Whilst she did, she took out a teapot of milk and took out three little cups and gently sat them on the picnic mantle.

          'Three cups?' she thought and took a glimpse with full of curiosity in her eyes on the three little cups beside the small cake. Why would she bring three little cups? There's only two needed, one for her and one for her little baby toy. So why does she have an extra cup? She doesn't have any friends to join her because (1) she has no friends and (2) if she had, they'll probably can't join her since the only place she made as a playground is the woods itself, well actually the lakeshore which is the center of the green forest.

          Did I mention that her parents didn't want her roaming around the woods? Yes, her parents forbade her and probably you're wondering what does a six years old girl doing in the center of the woods even though her parents told her not to.

          Fraulein Floireans Enriquez. A six years old girl who never follow orders of people even if it's her own parents, well not if it was serious, her being hot-headed have limits. Its just that she doesn't fully understand the reason her parents gave her whenever she ask them why would they prevent her from crossing the barrier into the woods. So as she never really understood, she thinks that it wasn't serious at all and that she is free to cross the barrier and explore the green woods behind her residence.

           The images on her head whenever she think about the woods and how would it looked like inside came into view when she finally passed the barrier one day without her parents knowing.

          The woods, the tall trees, the ferns and different kinds of plants. The birds chirping that filled her small ear made her small lips create a wide smile. She's so captivated to this astonishing view, the nature. It made her feel so relaxed. The fresh air and the faint sound of the wind slapping through the leaves. Different kinds of flowers blooming due to the spring season. It made her sigh. She never have been so happy like this on her own discoveries as a little child.

          She heard a faint sound of water splashing. Being an explorer and adventure thirst she is at a young age— she searched the woods for a water element. A basin, pond or maybe a lake. Her trip doesn't took that long until she found a small lake. She took three small steps on the lakeshore and examine the whole lake.

       "Wow! Amazing! Is this a sea? Oh my gosh I'm in the beach! The beach is just behind my house!", she exclaimed excitedly to her newly discovered place. She thought it was the sea she usually saw whenever she's in vacation the Philippines. Can't blame though, she's only six years old.

          Cautious about the time. She took a glance on her pastel pink wrist watch. It's already 2:30 pm. Time for her to take a nap. She wants to stay and take a nap in the lakeshore but she remembered that she doesn't have a picnic mantle to lay and her favourite panda stuffy with her. Also her parents doesn't approve of this forest. And that came into her that her parents shouldn't know about the 'sea' in the center of the forest. She know it's bad to keep something from her parents, she just couldn't resist this place. She felt like she should be here all the time and she doesn't want her parents from knowing so they wouldn't keep her away from the woods.

          She spun around and hopped away from the lake while humming, clearly because of her lightweight happiness. Little did she know that someone is watching her. Someone tall, watching from afar. Watching the girl who's brave enough to enter a dangerous forest. Watching the girl who had a big toothy smile spread on her face. A girl who is not afraid what might come.

          And then here she goes again. She thought that she could play in the lakeshore and that it is safe, when its not. Her parents are away. Joined a convention and left her with a lazy babysitter, and there she took the opportunity to go back to the woods with a picnic basket and a baby toy on her hands without her babysitter knowing.

          Picnic is set and she already took out the cake and the teapot full of milk. She's happy even though she's alone. It has always been the same though. No friends. No siblings. Oh how she wish she had a brother or a sister she could play with.

          "Here comes the airplane!" she exclaimed, mocking the way her mother used to do to her over dinner. Waving the fork back and forth with a piece of small cake in it and was diving to her baby toy's mouth. She's laughing and laughing because of her baby having icings scattered on the face.

          "Hiya little beauty, what are you doing here?" an unfamiliar voice asked. She turned her head and saw a tall and handsome man with big green eyes the shade of the forest and pink plump lips. He's the guy who's stalking Fraülein on her first day at the lakeshore. He's tall! Very tall! He's like 6'4 in height! Extremely tall for a 3'4 height of hers.

          She smiled at the man but then frowned. "Um sorry, did I say something wrong?" The man asked when she noticed her sudden expression.

          "My parents told me not to talk to strangers." Fraülein said with a pout. It made the man chuckle at this as he find it cute.

          "Oh I'm sorry. My name is Bill Günther Istvan Karlsson. I live just across this forest. How about you? Will you have the pleasure to introduce yourself to me?" Bill asked with a sweet smile and eyes staring straight at Fraülein's blackish brown ones.

          Fraülein put her cup on the picnic mantle and stood. Bill chuckled again as he compare his height to hers. 'Cute.' He once again thought.

          "My name is Fraülein Floireans Enriquez, sir! I live across the forest too! But the other side of it. And it's really nice meeting you!" she said while doing a little dance and shook her new friend's hand. "Do you want to play with me and Casper?" she asked with big puppy eyes, looking naively.

          "Of course! Who wouldn't want free milk though?" he joked that made his new companion laugh at his remarks.

          Bill couldn't resist the cuteness of the young lady in front of him. He's happy. He's never been happy like this before. Of all the years passed, decades, even centuries.... he never felt this happy.

          And on this day, he promised to himself, that he will never let anybody hurt her and that he will never leave her.  Even though Fraülein doesn't know his real nature, Bill will protect Fraülein forever.

Word Count
Characters: 7102
Words: 1282