chapter 1

Emily's pov.
It was a usual high-school day, walking through the car park as all the cars drive in filled with screaming teenagers, and blasted music. Teenagers were kinda like cars. The populars were the high class sports cars, the rest of us, broken down junk on the side of the road.

"Morning Em," said Cam.

Cam had been my best friend since I was 5, and with how we were going, we would be bests friends for a long time after now.

"Its such a nice day, don't you think?' He added. "It's a beautiful day," I smiled back.

Cam was what most people would label a 'nerd', I think it's cute, personally. He just speaks in a way that seems like an exited kid at a fair. Well, Anyway, back to today.

"So how was your day yesterday, I hope I didn't miss much work, I was just so sick I couldn't come, and as much as I wanted to my mother was like 'No cam, you have to stay home' and no matter how hard I argued-" I cut him off "It's fine, you barely missed a thing," I assured him.

"Thank god" he sighed in relief. "You can come over this afternoon, I'll teach you what you missed," I told him, as I knew it would make him feel better about the situation, ever though he probably already knew what we had learnt.

Cameron never misses out on school, ever. "Thankyo-" He stopped as a car had revved it's engine as it passed us.

"Look who it is" he added.

I turned around to see it was Nash, Nash Grier. Nash has been my crush since I was 13, and now of course, me being 16, would still like him. I feel as though saying I loved him was wrong because, well to me, love can only happen if the person you like, likes you back.

Nash was the school bad boy, and way out of my league at that. He wouldn't even know I existed, and that's why, to me, he's just a fantasy. Something that will never, ever work out. Cam and I had kept walking, as I smiled at the thought of me and Nash.

"Em?" cam snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah Cam?" I replied, looking at him. "Oh nothing I was just, nothing, it doesn't matter."

Cams pov.
"Hey em I was wondering if you wanted to, uhm, maybe, go to the, uhm, formal with me, it's okay if you don't want, I just thought, we could maybe go as friends?" She stayed silent. 'Em?' I said.

"Yeah cam?" She replied.

You mean I had just got the courage to ask the girl is liked since first grade to go to formal with me, and she hadn't even heard me?

"Oh nothing I was just, nothing, it doesn't matter," I said.

"Oh alright," she said, not caring.

Emily's pov
The bell had rang to go to our first class. English, a class of mine in which Nash was also in.

"Well I better go then, can't be late," Cam told me as he waved me goodbye. "Bye bye!" I yelled as he rushed down the crowded halls.

I walked to home group, and sat in my usual seat in the back of class, with my headphones in my ears.

Nash had sat in front of me, for once. He turned around to me, as I took my earphones out, shocked. "Do you have a pencil I could borrow?" He asked. "Please?"He added.

I smiled at the way he added please, like if he hadn't, he wouldn't have gotten a pencil.

"Sure," I smiled. "Keep it," I said. "Thankyou, Em" he smiled back at me.

Wait, Did he just call me em?

Nash's pov.
"Keep it," she smiled, I'd never realised how pretty her eyes were.

"Thankyou, em," I smiled back, politely. It was something about her that just made me polite, I wasn't polite to anybody, but her.

She was, different.