September 15th

Pulling down on my skirt as I stepped into Mr. Min's classroom, I took in my surroundings.

The bleak grey walls were covered modestly in an array of Music Theory posters, the knowledge splayed across the walls might seem overly advanced to any other person, but to an over achiever (in music theory studies, at least), like me, it was merely standard. I also wanted to teach music theory, one day.

Turning my gaze to the wall adjacent to where I currently stood, I take in Mr. Min's desk; numerous piles of books were stacked, each one awaiting the signature scrawl of Mr. Min's red marking pen. The stacks were about two foot high each, and were the physical embodiment of exhaustion. Just knowing how long each student spent hunched over their own book, studying the basics of music theory, and how long it will take for Mr. Min to work through the lot, inspires me to huff out a slight laugh under my breath, relieved at not knowing the struggle of so many students seemingly alike myself.

"And just what happens to be amusing you, Miss Park?"

The familiar drawl snaps me out of my thoughts. Promptly I turn my gaze towards the source of that particularly deep, drowsy, almost drunken voice, as my eyes widen and a hazy pink pigment falls upon my cheeks - the physical embodiment of my embarrassment, it seems.

"O-oh nothing, Mr. Min - my apologies, I was just caught up in my thoughts for a second there." I stuttered out the response, laughing nervously, as I will admit that the man before me does have an effect on my nerves a little bit...

Walking up to the front of Mr. Min's desk, I now am directly in front of said man, and have a clear view of his soft features. Him being somewhat hidden by the piles of work previously, I could not make out his state of appearance - or take bit of his existence at all.

I stand still for a couple of seconds, awaiting his attention in the otherwise empty classroom. I had been instructed to attend his later class for more advanced music theory, though I had no further instruction as to how this after hours, over time, extra credit education was supposed to run.

Considering I was the only student to actually turn up, I had no example to follow.

My gaze continues to rest on the sight before me. Mr. Min's naturally dark, mussed hair sits softly over his forehead, the ends of his fringe disrupting my view of his eyes ever so slightly. Perhaps he is in need of a haircut, but no one could deny that the man before me is pulling the look off successfully. His dark rimmed glasses frame his face aesthetically, and the dark orbs behind the lenses continue to skim over the workbook in front of him as I stand there.

The more I stand there the more I begin to fidget, the silence becoming almost unbearable as my fingers curl into the hem of my navy blue uniform skirt, wringing the fabric as I suddenly become aware of how loud I'm breathing in the stoney quiet of the classroom.

Whilst I continue to try to breathe quieter than is humanly possible, I almost miss the way Mr. Min's cat-like eyes flicker up to lock onto my wringing fingers, coincidentally also at the hemline of my skirt. Aware of his line of sight, I snap my wrists down not wanting to reveal the skin of my bare thighs, not wanting to make this situation any more awkward than it already is on my part.

His eyes linger for a while, before he lowers his gaze back to the open workbook.

"You can start by continuing your current work on music theory. The work I assigned you last lesson, Miss Park." His voice makes me jump as he drawls out the instruction.

"O-okay, yes sir, sorry" I continue to stutter.
I take the time to clasp my hands in front of me, bowing a deep ninety degrees before straightening. Turning my back on the man at the desk, I step further into the classroom, taking a seat at a desk in the front row - slightly to Mr. Min's right view of the class.