Chapter 1: The Scream

Tonight was supposed to be a night to remember, the best night of our lives as some would say. All free from our parents, not married yet, our own person. This dance was supposed to be fun, yeah well someone didn't get the memo. While the night was supposed to be the first night of our lives it turned into, the last night of our lives for some.

The biggest dance of the year, of course something was going to happen. Something always happens, this year was no exception. A masquerade ball, a fun way to spend a night right? I don't think I want to spend my last night of my life, in a room with people that I can't see their faces. Hidden behind mask, you won't even know what the face of the person killing you.

Well that what happen to the host of the party, we were all in the ballroom. Of course talking to who ever, unable to see there face and them unable to mine made easier to to talk to the people in the room.

I found myself talking to a young girl in a light purple dress and a bunny mask, she was very beautiful and very kind. We talked about the most randomest things you could think of. But then he joined the convention. He was much taller than me and let's call her Bunny, he was in a black suit like most of the other men in the room. But he had a dark blue tie, he mask was that of a wolf. At first it was weird, then slowly me and Bunny got used to um let's call him Mr. Wolf. The nicknames kinda stuck since we supposed to hide who we are, isn't that the point of a masquerade ball?

The three of used were happily talking, this was the best part of the night. This peace didn't last for too much longer, this is when a scream changed everything in that place forever. Some of used raced to where the scream came from, of course I was one of the first people there. Closely followed by Mr. Wolf and Bunny, I will admit I was surprised to see them there.

There was a girl on the ground crying, she wore a blue dress and a peacock mask. Even thought she had been crying she still looked beautiful. I didn't need to ask why she was crying, right across the room from were um Miss. Peacock yeah Miss. Peacock. Anyways across the room was another girl, the only difference between her and us was she wasn't moving. No one moved they just stared at her or helped Miss. Peacock. There was silence in the room, no one moved. I didn't know which was scarier, the silence of the room or the girl on the ground. 

No one moved, no one dared to speak. The silence slowly ate away at me, to the point where I couldn't take it no more. I make my way across the room, till I feel a hand on my arm stopping me. I turn to see Mr. Wolf, his blue eyes looked into my hazel eyes. Without any words he stopped me in my tracks. He moved his gaze from to the girl on the floor, he moved in front of me and slowly made his way to the girl with me close behind him.

I could feel everyone's eyes burning into the back of my neck as we made our way in and across the room, we looked down at the this girl. She was dressed a red Gothic dress and hand a black mouse mask, there was something that wasn't quite right about this. Well besides the whole she on the floor in the middle of a room, I first thought that she was passed out from drinking too much or something. But when I got closer to the young girl it was clear to see that she wasn't breathing...

Me and Mr. Wolf looked at each other, we both realized at the same time that we had just walked into a death scene. The silence was broken by a voice back by the door to the room, they asked a what they thought was a simple question. "Is she okay?" The answer that they will get is not what they were hoping for.

We turn to the owner of the voice, it was none other than Bunny. Her face said it all, i didn't know how to break the news to anyone, let alone her. I turn back to the girl on the ground, this is where i go down to her level. This is when I realized the small pool of blood under her that was hidden by her red dress, she didn't die from a normal cause. She was murdered....