Jace and Clary's Engagement

Jace looked around his bedroom in the Herondale's house in Idris trying to remember where he put the ring. He paused to think a minute and remembered that he had set it beside the Herondale dagger. He headed towards the night stand when Clary walked through the door."Jace? Are you okay? You didn't answer the door so I came in looking for you."She said. "Yeah I'm fine."He tried to hide what he had been doing."Wanna catch a movie?"he said casually."Don't try to change the subject Jace, and no, I would like an explanation.He forgot how stubborn she could be. " I told you, I'm fine." "Jace you're not fine, your room is a wreck!" He felt as though she was staring striaght into his soul. Digging for information. "Fine I'm not fine. That demon yesterday was a bit much for me. I'm just tired. Ok?"" That's not what's wrong but if you want to keep it to yourself then fine."She said and walked out of the room. She is so beautiful when she's mad he thought. He went to the night stand, opened the drawer, and took out the ring. It had been his mother's wedding ring. And now, if he was lucky, Clary's. Then he went to the Fairchild manor to talk to Clary.

.

Clary looked through the open window regretting her earlier fight with Jace. She hated fighting with Jace, even if it wouldn't last. She hoped he would come to talk to her. And just as she was thinking that thought Jace came up to the door and knocked. She ran to open it and hugged Jace." What was that for?"he said. "I hate fighting with you."She said. "Is that because I'm strangely handsome?"he replied with a smirk. She smiled at him, loving his humor. "Wanna go on a picnic?"She asked." Why would I want to go on a picnic?" he said. "Because I'll be there to take good care of you." He laughed at that and went inside to pack, giving her a light kiss on the cheek. When they finished packing Clary took the basket and they headed for Lake Lynn. It was dark by then but the moonlight lit the way. Jace spread out the blanket and food and sat down, Clary following his example. Clary saw Jace taking something out of his jacket pocket and showed her a beautiful diamond ring and said" Clary, will you marry me?" She said nothing, only brought her lips to his in a gental kiss that lasted several seconds before saying simply " yes."