Summer Shenanigans (IT Couple)

HOTDOG! (The weather that day feels like they're literally inches away from the Sun and look what they see over there: an exhausted dog in need.) Maryse got a plan. Mike is just a victim of circumstance.

~~~

"We are not going to steal someone's dog." The weather that day feels like they're literally inches away from the Sun. The kind of hot that made grown men cry, children melt and women faint. The kind of hot that made even the most logical people completely illogical. Maryse liked to think that the heat she feels is just her knowing she's so hot. She tried to convince herself that she was on the more rational side of things, but after suffering days under the blistering and unrelenting glare of the sun, she was this close to doing something rash.

And then she saw that poor, innocent, sad dog and she lost it.

Eva Marie, Mickie James and Nattie were gone on a separate trip with their boyfriend or family, leaving Maryse behind to suffer this terrible weather. She was supposed to go as well, but then she bought a very expensive phone just a month ago and now she'd been forced to pick up some extra shifts at work when another one of the server's up and quit. It sucked, but she needed the money anyways and she'd been anxious about how much money the weekend trip was going to cost. Next time, she'd save up properly to go with them. The snapchats (especially from Nattie who keep posting about her life on social media) they sent back and forth both eased her disappointment and made it worse.

Hence, why she had decided to pester Mike all morning via text messages. He acted like she was bothering him, but if she really was, then he didn't have to respond back. She blamed it on the heat. Even with her a/c at max in her apartment, she felt like she was sweating bullets and she was wearing just a thin tank top and shorts. She had to get out of here. She was going stir-crazy, sticking with staying at home and work. The one issue was that she didn't have a car (the idea was laughable at best) and that was where Mike came in.

Maybe he'd been suffering in the same way, seeing as how Dolph was out of town with his family, because when Maryse had asked him to get ice cream, he had actually agreed. The only ice cream shop was on the opposite side of town for her and she'd been craving it real bad. The second he had pulled up in front of her apartment, she'd slid a sports bra on while slipping on some sandals, pulled her tank top back up, and then ran out the door.

It was flipping hot. She did not care.

His car had been blessedly cool with the a/c turned on full blast. She'd damn near moaned as she leaned forward to get a blast on air inches from her skin and Mike almost jumped out of his seat at the noise. "What the hell, Maryse?"

"Sssh! language! And it's so hot," she groaned.

"Fuck, if I'd known a bit of cold air was gonna get you off..."

Maryse smacked him on the arm. "Drive, you fool. And will you stop cursing?"

Mike snorted and did as he was told. It really was hotter than all get out if he wasn't going to put up more of a fight about her ordering him around.

Before they could get to the ice cream shop though, Maryse saw the dog. They were at a stoplight, waiting for it to turn green, when she saw the poor thing chained up. He was old boy, tired and in dire need of a brush, but what Maryse noticed the most was his lack of a water bowl and shade. He was just sitting in that heat with absolutely nothing to protect him from it. Maryse had her face pressed to the window as they drove by, her eyes connected with his, and she could've sworn that old pup face was asking for help. She'd seen him out there two days before in the same position and yesterday as well on her way to work.