What is Turner Syndrome?

Hi, call me Star. I'm a young woman who loves electronics, plays the drums, is obsessed with musicals, and has Turner Syndrome.

If you don't know what Turner Syndrome is, let me give you a summary:

Turner Syndrome is a genetic condition where a girls X chromosome is either altered, partial, or missing entirely. This condition affects roughly 1 in 2,000 to 5,000 girls. Girls with TS are usually/can be short in stature, underdeveloped, have a webbed neck, brown spots scattered around their body, and swollen hands and/or feet. TS can also cause a lot of health problems, both physical and mental. The main physical health problems are diabetes and various heart defects and/or diseases. The main mental health problems are learning disabilities and depression (Mainly because of lack of self-confidence due to body image/expectations). Girls with TS also have low fertility, though the female in question could still get pregnant with medical help. This condition, as it is genetic, cannot be cured but can be helped with various hormonal treatments (The sooner the diagnosis and treatments start, the better).

So, as you can tell, Turner Syndrome isn't exactly a fun thing to live with, but it isn't life-ruining if you get diagnosed with it. If you have Turner Syndrome or know a girl with TS I would highly encourage you to share this book with them so they can realize that "You are not alone".

I hope to see you soon, my fellow butterflies!

P.S. The butterfly is a symbol for girls with Turner Syndrome, don't ask me why cause I don't know either.