Chapter One.

Ramona's Pov.

When my alarm went off that morning, I truly dreaded getting up. It was the first day of school, yeah, it is my senior year, but I don't care. I never want to go back to Clairemont High again. The way people treated me, always terrible. Yeah, I have many problems and no solutions, none that were good anyways. I'm strong, though I have one friend, his name is Jaime. He's been by my side since we were little kids, running around chasing each other in daycare and grade school.

He was like my brother, he was always there and aways had my back. My dad was no where to be found, I don't even remember what he looks like, he walked out on me and my mom when I was two. My mom raised me as a single parent and she was doing the jobs of both parents. She worked, while she was at work when I was younger, she took me to Jaime's and his mom would watch us. We grew up together, basically like siblings because we're the only children in both of our families.

Anyways, I know I should get out of bed. "Ramona, breakfast!" My mom called in her sing songy voice. "I'll be down in a minute!" I called back. I pulled the blankets off of my body and left the comfort of my bed and slowly walked down the stairs. I got my breakfast and sat down beside my mom and we ate in silence, something we normally did. I finished breakfast and rinsed my plate off and treaded back up the stairs. I got dressed, threw my bag on my back and left the house, walking to Jaime's.

Jaime's Pov.

I already woke up late, I hopped in the shower quickly and got dressed, grabbed my bag, grabbed a Pop-Tart for breakfast, and headed to the end of my street to meet Ramona, something we always did. Ramona instantly gave me a hug when we stood at the end of the street. "Well, we should get going so we aren't late." Ramona said, breaking the silence. "Okay, let's go then." I said smiling.

We walked to school in silence, I kept glancing down at her, making sure she was okay. She looked fine, so I wasn't going to ask. I know that she has been through a lot, I've been by her side for as long as I can remember. Ramona broke the silence again and asked, "Jaime, have you found a special girl yet?" I answered, "No, not too worried about it at the moment. I'll wait until it's just about time for prom. Have you met a guy who's special to you?" "Nope, not yet." And then Ramona left it at that as we walked into the familliar school building.

Vic's Pov.

I looked around this new school and chuckled to myself, it's got more potential than my old school did. I was watching the school doors open and close as people were entering the building. Then I saw her, she was perfect. She had beauty inside and out. I hope there's a way for me to talk to her.

The guy walking next to her looked familliar, I used to go to school with him, that was Jaime. Did that make the girl Ramona? Jaime's best friend? I walked over and said, "Hey Jaime, hey Ramona." They looked at me for a minute and then said, "Hey Vic, how have you been?" "Great now that I finally got in touch with you guys again, it's been a while." "Yes it has, well see you later Vic.", Ramona said. Then she walked away from myself and Jaime. "So, that's Ramona Schaefer?" "Yes, it is, we haven't seen you in a while Vic. If you talk to her, she's had many problem in the past couple of years, she needs someone else other than me to help her through it, so keep that in mind man." Then Jaime walked through the halls leaving me to stand alone.

I walked to my first bell completely alone.

Ramona's Pov.

My first bell is AP English, I'm glad that I get it out of the way first thing in the morning. Not many of my friends are in any of my classes, but an old friend is. "Vic Fuentes?" Mr. Taylor called. "Here." Wow, I honestly didn't think I'd have a class with Vic, maybe I'll be able to talk to him. He's really easy to get along with. "Ramona Schaefer?" Mr. Taylor called and I snapped out of my thoughts. "Here."

I just paid attention in class for the remainder of the time. Vic looked at me a couple of times and mouthed, "Meet me after class." I mouthed back, "Okay." The bell rang and I grabbed my bag and went into the hallway to meet Vic. "Hey Ramona." "Hey Vic, what did you need?" "Ramona, just know that I'm here for you, I know you have Jaime and he thinks I should stick by your side too. Here's my number if you need anything, text or call I don't care what time it is." "Okay, I'll keep that in mind." Then I walked down the hallway.